Full Time Medical Customer Service Representative
Milwaukee Eye Care Associates, S.C. is seeking to hire a Full-Time Medical Customer Service Representative, 32-40 hours a week with full benefits. Applicant must be flexible and willing to travel between our four metro Milwaukee offices. Position will primarily be located at our Milwaukee East Side office.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Answering and making incoming and outgoing calls using a multi-line phone system
- Appointment scheduling
- Screening calls, routing/transferring calls, and taking messages
- Obtaining patient demographic and insurance information
- Providing routine information to callers
- Working independently in a fast paced environment
- Projects assigned by administrative staff
- All aspects of front desk/receptionist duties
- Patient registration
- Charge entry, payment posting, batch balancing and cash handling.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 2+ years of call center, customer service and/or receptionist experience, preferably in the MEDICAL FIELD.
- Experience in appointment making assuring accuracy while adhering to established clinic scheduling guidelines.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn software applications.
- Experience in PC use in windows with proficient keyboarding skills preferred.
- Experience using basic office equipment (ex. Fax machine, copy machine)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to write clear, concise, and legible messages to ensure physician and staff comprehension.
- Functional knowledge of insurance terminology, referrals and authorization/pre-certification
Respond with cover letter and updated resume.
No phone calls, those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.