Up to 38.75 hours per week
Monday through Thursday - 9:45 a.m. - 6:15 p.m
Friday's 7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Under the general supervision of the AVP, Student Services works on a team to assist prospective and continuing students in the enrollment process. Work is cross functional and diverse in nature. Requires a thorough knowledge of district policies and procedures and the application of standard procedures in a variety of situations requiring ability to navigate and interpret student services admissions, financial aid, registration data bases, and COSMO screens. Ascertain accuracy and completeness of data, enter data or assist students to enter data or information online, resolve discrepancies with the student and make independent decisions with the goal of assisting students to complete the enrollment process. Performs highly complex clerical duties requiring a thorough knowledge of the student services division and student services student data bases. Requires the ability to effectively communicate with students, staff and the general public (in person and by telephone) and to handle problem situations tactfully, especially in situations of conflict. Ability to problem solve by questioning, organizing researching, analyzing, processing and interpreting complex information. Ability to multi task while working in a challenging, high volume environment, meet deadlines, and deal with difficult situations.
2. Responds to incoming questions and inquiries primarily in person providing information of technical nature, requiring knowledge of students services procedures; exercising discretion in determining the nature of information to be released.
3. Effectively explain and provide assistance in the enrollment process including admissions, financial aid, counseling and advising, and registration.
5. Determines client needs and works to address the need.
6. Reports client feedback to management.
7. Verifies information for accuracy and completeness within the student services division.
8. Maintains relevant files, records, logs, and listings according to student services policies and procedures.
9. Initiate and maintains electronic data according to procedure.
10. Provides excellent oral and written communication skills.
11. Demonstrates good judgement and leverages past experience to plan and accomplish goals.
12. Works as an effective cross functional team member.
13. Ability to make independent decisions.
14. Contacts departments/offices across the college to seek information to answer student questions and to avoid transferring calls or sending students to other offices whenever possible.
15. Update student records.
16. Provides on the job training and assistance to same level staff and lower level staff in various phases of the records management process.
17. Will serve as back up for call center as needed.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
3. Strong communication and customer service skills.
4. Organizational and coordinating skills, the ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities and changes with professionalism.
5. Thorough knowledge of business English, composition, spelling and punctuation.
6. Ability to understand and perform basic arithmetic computations.
7. Thorough knowledge of office practices and procedures.
8. Proficiency in the use of personal computers, spreadsheets, data base documents, electronic mail, and other established software to perform functions such as creating documents and spreadsheets, correcting and proofing, storing and filing text, recalling and retrieving text, printing; and using special features as communications; merging, reformatting, major editing, and revisions.
10. Ability to keep complex records to assembly and organize data, and to prepare report from such records.
11. Ability to organize, direct and review the work of a small staff of clerical employees.
12. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships wish other employees and the public.
MATC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.