Under the general supervision of the Vice President, Institutional Effectiveness, performs a wide variety of administrative and supportive services of a highly responsible nature. Work requires an in-depth knowledge of the department and academic operations, policies, and procedures, and the exercise of independent judgment, including discretion in the resolution of minor problems and administrative details. This position is expected to make a significant contribution to the department.
- Prepares correspondence, memos, minutes, reports, presentations, agenda and other complex, technical and/or confidential documents.
- Prepares and coordinates agendas and support materials for meetings; distributes materials to appropriate individuals. Coordinates meeting and event arrangements, logistics and follow-up. Takes and transcribes minutes as required.
- Serves as appointment coordinator, maintains calendar, makes comprehensive travel arrangements, prepares itineraries and confirms authorizations, check requests and reservations.
- Serves as the liaison between the Vice President's office and other divisions and departments, students, faculty, and external customers of the college.
- Composes correspondence independently requiring knowledge of school policies, procedures, and practices in response to general inquiries and requests of the Vice President.
- Researches and compiles data using a variety of sources for use in reports, meetings, etc.
- Performs general duties such as mail distribution, record updating and maintenance, data entry, word processing, electronic spreadsheet creation, etc.
- Assists in preparation of budget cycle process and adjustments; keeps Vice President apprised of discrepancies.
- Maintains and coordinates comprehensive office files; organizes, develops, and implements new filing systems as needed.
- Coordinates departmental interaction with external customers of college including business and industry, higher education, accreditation and government entities; including correspondence, personal contact, and data and materials requests.
- Prepares materials for the department and assists other department members as needed.
- Supervises, trains, counsels, assigns work and evaluates clerical support staff and student workers as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Associate's Degree (in lieu of degree, see required work experience)
Five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience supporting a high-level executive.
In lieu of degree, eight (8) years equivalent combination of education and experience.
More than five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience supporting a high-level executive.