Milton Hershey School is seeking a part-time Central Monitoring Telecommunicator (CMT) for its growing campus Pre-K through 12th grade students from lower income. The School is expanding to serve 2,300 students by 2020 and if you would enjoy using your dispatch/customer service/call center skills to make a positive difference for youth, consider Milton Hershey School! We have a unique part-time opportunity in which you would interact with others, and assist with a variety of responsibilities to help keep the extensive campus operating smoothly. Currently, the CMTs dispatch between 15 – 45 calls daily and actively monitor 800 surveillance cameras on a 24/7 basis. Each day is different!
This position receives incoming calls, initiates and coordinates services, and provides feedback and follow-up to our customers. Also, oversees the 24/7 Central Monitoring Station, monitoring fire, mechanical system and security alarms, as well as surveillance cameras across the MHS campus. The CMTs serve as the central dispatch location for MHS Service Technicians and Campus Safety Officers, for both emergency and non-emergency situations. The MHS Campus Services & Central Monitoring serves as the central communication hub for telephone and 2-way radio communications on campus.
The MHS Campus Services is a 24/7 operation and the successful applicant will have a flexible schedule to accommodate departmental needs; currently we are hiring a telecommunicator to work Fridays and Saturdays (6:45 am - 3:15 pm) and Sunday and/or Monday, hours many vary and it would include day, evening, and/or overnight shifts, as well as holiday hours. This part-time position will not exceed 29 hours per week. The CMTs are considered essential personnel during emergencies and are required to report to work when the School is closed for any reason.
Milton Hershey School does not discriminate in hiring, promotion or any terms or conditions of employment, based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion or religious creed, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under applicable federal or Pennsylvania law.
- High school diploma or GED, required.
- Prior experience handling customer service requests, complaints, and problems, required
- Prior experience working with security alarm systems and surveillance equipment, required
- Prior experience with APCO Telecommunicator I, APCO Law Enforcement Dispatch, APCO Medical Dispatch training, preferred.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive materials.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multitask environment.
- Ability to build and maintain effective work relationships with customers.
- Ability to take initiative; seek resolutions to problems, and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Ability to thoroughly and to accurately enter data in a timely manner.
- Excellent customer service and listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills using an IBM platform in a variety of software packages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a customer service call center.
- Experience working with security/surveillance systems.
- Experience with a Total Quality Management System.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are considered to be role models for MHS Students.
- Candidate should be willing to actively engage with students.