Senior Chemical Engineer
- Posted: 6 days ago
Miltec UV International is Hiring!
Senior Chemical Engineer
Do you want to be a part of Research, Development and Commercialization of cutting-edge technology and products? If that sounds exciting, bring your creative ideas and join our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers to develop applications and processes integral to manufacturing lithium-ion batteries.
Miltec UV International is looking for a Senior Chemical Engineer to support new product development; manufacturing product development and transition from R&D to commercial production. Miltec’s performance-based products will revolutionize the way lithium-ion batteries are made around the world. Our processes eliminate the use of toxic solvents as well as reduce manufacturing costs, while dramatically increasing throughput.
Miltec is on the cutting edge, introducing products that are ready for the market today and working with companies and research organizations to develop the batteries of the future. Commercialization is the focus of this group’s R&D efforts. In addition, the group assists Miltec’s UV equipment business during customer trials.
Laboratory Duties & Responsibilities
We need a Chemical/Process Engineer who wants to:
- Improve, test and commercialize novel UV curable coatings and processes useful to the LIB Industry
- Support new product development by identifying opportunities to improve product performance and reduce manufacturing costs
- Develop methodology for chemical manufacturing and quality control of formulations
- Develop coating and curing process to utilize and optimize coating performance and consistency
- Investigate competing technologies and gather data to develop value propositions
- Operate and become proficient in UV curing, mixing, application, and testing equipment
- Implement machine design upgrades for in-house pilot scale coating equipment
- Communicate extensively with customers to determine key performance characteristics and identify technical barriers to commercialization
- Operate and maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment, with ever increasing improvements in 5S and Safety programs
- Large scale chemical mixing is a plus!
Technology Transfer Duties & Responsibilities
We need a Chemical/Process Engineer who can:
- Draft or author work instructions and train others in operating equipment
- Document formulations, correspondence, test data in electronic notebooks, presentations, and databases in group locations that are easy to locate and retrieve
- Prepare & present weekly summaries of ongoing work
- Work directly with LIB researchers, production, and other customers to improve the performance and profitability of their products
- Assist technical service, chemists, salespeople, and customers on the selection and use of Miltec’s equipment
- Assist UV equipment customers in applying, curing, and testing of UV curable products
- Demonstrate and operate equipment, collect data, and highlight the capabilities of Miltec's equipment to support Sales and Marketing
We need a Chemical/Process Engineer who has:
- Must have a 4-year degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering
- 5-years’ experience (minimum) in manufacturing process development and transitioning new products from R&D lab to commercial production
- Must have experience with either UV formulation, LIB Battery development or Electrochemical testing
- Desired experience with printing, web handling, coating systems, and mixing equipment
- Aptitude with equipment, tools, and mechanical operation
- Experience using Slot Dies, Gravure or Flexo, Roll Coaters, Little Joe, Glove Box, Printing Press or Coating Line
- Proficient in statistical analysis
- Demonstrate strong verbal, presentation, technical writing, and collaboration skills at all levels – customers, co-workers, vendors, industrially related partners, and management
- Requires Microsoft Office skills; proficiency in excel and other relevant computer skills
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to apply engineering fundamentals
- Highly motivated with the ability to function independently
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match), paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave.
Miltec UV international is a subsidiary of Miltec UV, located in serene Stevensville, MD, an island on the Chesapeake Bay. Miltec has been in the UV industry for over 32 Years and is a global leader and manufacturer of custom ultraviolet curing systems. These systems are critical components of the manufacturing of optical fiber, wire coatings, metal decorating, wood flooring, cabinets, automotive components, printing, and many others.
Miltec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For additional company and product information, visit us at our web site: https://www.miltec.com/en/
As a general policy, Miltec does not sponsor employment visas upon hire or in the future.
ScienceView all jobs at Miltec
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?