- Posted: over a month ago
Admin, Stevensville, Maryland
Miltec UV has an immediate opportunity for a process focused Manufacturing Engineer to join our team in Stevensville, Maryland.
Create, document, develop, and implement procedures required to assemble, test, process, and manufacture the products of the company.
Continuously improve business and manufacturing processes in electromechanical equipment production, battery chemistry processes, and Miltec Bulb manufacturing.
Support manufacturing to ensure effectiveness of quality programs and initiatives for Miltec UV. This includes but is not limited to Incoming & Outgoing Inspections, In process manufacturing controls, Design Controls, Verifications, Validations, new product launches, non-conformance management, CAPAs, supplier qualification, calibrations, document control, and quality improvement processes.
Sustain existing product and production systems for Miltec UV core products. Assist with the transfer of Research & Development phase product/processes to the manufacturing environment (Commercialization). Work as part of a multidisciplinary team creating new techniques and procedures leading to greater efficiency and effectiveness in the manufacturing process.
Come join our team and work alongside our talented administrative professionals, Ph.D. chemists, engineers, and UV experts as we advance environmentally friendly technologies, processes, and systems for the future!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the Manufacturing department in product design review and change control to ensure product manufacturability is incorporated into product design.
- Obtain detailed understanding of all manufacturing processes
- Update and improve documentation of existing manufacturing processes.
- Propose manufacturing enhancements to deliver greater efficiencies and improve quality metrics.
- General oversight and monitoring of machinery – including project coordination for maintenance, upgrades, and repair when needed.
- Propose manufacturing site enhancements and workspaces to improve operational efficiency
- Management of 5S process
- Provide engineering support in production department to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
- Prepare procedures, work instructions, forms, and presentations using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat, and other software.
- Work closely with manufacturing department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Conduct root cause analysis on returned products and institute corrective and preventative action when needed.
- Manage availability of documentation in manufacturing, including printed copies of work instructions.
- Conduct product and manufacturing risk assessments using severity, occurrence rate, and detection scores to quantify risk.
- Design Test plans to verify and validate designs, and processes.
- Determine critical specifications allowing for optimization of part and system inspection.
- Assist in the commercialization of new products by managing design control tasks, drawing reviews, and design stage gate activities.
- Participate in supplier selection, evaluations, and audits.
- Monitor Non-Conformances for trends indicating potential deterioration of supplier quality controls
- Complete Investigations, Corrections, and Supplier Corrective Action (SCARs)
- Confer with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchase, and evaluating products according to quality standards and specifications.
- 2-5 years’ pertinent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with engineering development processes
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools, machines and monitoring and measuring equipment
- Knowledge of quality systems and processes
- Excellent documentation practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to read engineering drawings, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Individual must be responsive, thoughtful, self-directed, positive, and ready for a challenge
- Sense of urgency with great listening and understanding skills
- Demonstrated follow-up skills and must be dependable, organized, disciplined, and committed
Education and/or Experience
- Associates degree or greater preferred
- Ability to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Excellent manual dexterity – hand and fingers
- Good eyesight and color differentiation – with or without vision correction
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours
- Ability to access heights (up to 15 feet), climbing ladders or using lifting equipment
- Manufacturing environment
A comprehensive benefits package is available. Please reply with resume and salary requirements.
Miltec is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Miltec UV is located in serene Stevensville, MD, an island on the Chesapeake Bay. Miltec has been in the UV industry for over 32 Years and is a global leader and manufacturer of custom ultraviolet curing systems. These systems serve a broad range of industry-specific applications and market segments, such as: optical fiber, wire, metal decorating, wood flooring, cabinets, printing, automotive products and many others.
For additional company and product information, visit us at our web site: https://www.miltec.com/en/
As a general policy, Miltec does not sponsor employment visas upon hire or in the future.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Miltec
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?