CAD Technician - Colorado
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The CAD Technician will be instrumental to the conceptual and operational components of construction by creating 3D models for GPS and machine control using Trimble Business Center and AutoCAD Civil 3D for civil projects such as roadways, site development, parking lots, bridges, and highways. The candidate will also work with field surveyors processing topo information to calculate volumes for grading projects, roadway tie ins, and work with our estimating department to do takeoffs for future projects.
The candidate we are looking for needs to have experience with drafting AutoCAD Civil 3D and civil construction projects such as roadway, sitework, and bridges. Experience with Trimble GPS and other software is preferred but not required. Needs to have the ability to work on multiple different projects daily. Candidate would also be required to think outside the box and solve all types of difficult problems and issues with the construction.
Duties and responsibilities
- Review plans, specifications, and additional project details to verify and develop quantity information to assist in estimating, construction staging, and scheduling for large scale infrastructure projects both locally and throughout the U.S.
- Assist in developing alternative concepts by providing take-off information
- Develop 3D models to be used by construction survey and field staff
- Calculate quantities, areas, etc. commensurate with civil engineering, as well as prepare data required for roadway, utility, paving and structural
- Plot and prepare plan sets as required
- Coordinate with all Disciplines involved
- Perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
- Associates Degree in Architecture/Engineering or Drafting
- 1+ years of modeling experience in heavy civil construction preferably
- Experience drafting with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required
- High AutoCAD proficiency
- Drafting experience for civil construction projects such as roadway, site, bridges
- Field Survey, Trimble Business Center, Agtek, MicroStation, Geopak, and GPS System experience is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to deal effectively and perceptively with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone, and in writing. Should also have excellent customer relations skills
- Ability to work independently and resolve everyday problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues and/or risks
- Have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Office
- Ability to read plans and specifications to develop knowledge of project owner’s requirements.
- Ability to understand elevations and offset information, Civil 3d (preferred)
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, employee assistance programs, life insurance, long term disability/ AD&D insurance, 401k, ESOP and generous paid time off.
Millstone WeberEnglewood, CO
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.