Mills Pharmacy + Apothecary is seeking a highly motivated, customer oriented pharmacy technician to assist the pharmacist with running the daily pharmacy operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all functions of a Pharmacy Service Representative in order to ensure accurate and prompt costumer service
- Collect essential customer information required to process prescription orders including refill authorization from doctor offices, data entry into computer, patient search, prescriber search, drug selection, prescription interpretation and entry, insurance billing and basic problem resolution.
- Retrieve the appropriate medication, generate prescription labels, count and package medications, label prescription containers as permitted by state law.
- Assist in inventory management processes including: order review, inventory returns, restocking shelves, and physical inventory preparation.
- Assist with maintaining the pharmacy department by keeping it clean and in order.
- Minimum of 6 months retail pharmacy experience
- Excellent Costumer Service Skills
- Detail Oriented Individual and ability to multitask
- Knowledge of the SRS pharmacy system is a plus.
- Eligible for Pharmacy Technician Licensure in Michigan or currently licensed
- Previous compounding experience preferred but not required
- High school or equivalent
- Retail Pharmacy Setting: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT)
Mills Pharmacy & ApothecaryOur Long-Term care division specializes in providing medications to nursing homes, assisted livings, and other Long-Term care communities. We are committed to exceeding the expectations of all of our clients. Every patient is provided for as if the patient were our own family member.