The Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for the communications activities and marketing planning. The coordinator will work with internal departments and external vendors to deliver meaningful content to member segments and promote awareness of member benefits.
A. Responsible for the assistance in developing and implementing marketing plans
B. Responsible for collaborating with Directors, project leaders, and staff across the organization to develop and execute integrated marketing strategies.
1. Build and maintain strong relationships with all departments. Work on cross departmental projects to service all areas of MDRT.
2. Work closely with product/program developers to gain full understanding of features and benefits to be promoted.
3. Development and implementation of multi-faceted marketing plans, materials and promotional campaigns tailored to specific segments, programs, products and events to achieve targeted goals for participation, attendance, and revenue.
4. Write promotional copy for various programs, products and events.
5. Review and edit existing and new promotional materials for marketing effeteness.
6. Utilize all communication channels including direct mail, print, advertising, on-line, and email.
7. Insure the implementation of marketing plans.
8. Manage and monitor appropriate budgets.
9. Document and track agreed upon timelines/production schedules.
10. Create purchase orders and review invoices for accuracy.
11. Document findings and report on results.
12. Monitor MarCom Projects inbox for new or additional projects related to membership communications, MDRT eNewsletters, Annual Meeting ecommunications, and new projects that may involve other campaigns or initiatives.
C. Work collaboratively with Communications team to review communications to ensure consistent use of MDRT’s corporate brand identity.
D. Pull data inquiries and work with research team leader to obtain needed research statistics.
E. Maintain copies of all marketing files, ensuring several complete packets of all materials are filed and keeps accurate copies of all marketing promotions, related back-up, copies of purchase orders, invoices and related production schedules.
F. Assist in budgeting and planning.
G. Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain good working relationship with staff, members and vendors.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of collateral development, digital marketing and advertising.
- Exceptional promotional copy writing and editing skills.
- Ability to communicate creative concepts and strategies to staff and graphic designers.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under sometimes compressed schedules a must.
- Knowledge of marketing research.
- Individual must be able to work independently and collaboratively as a member of marketing, branding and communications team while collaboratively managing various internal and external clients.
- Individual must have excellent communication, interpersonal and listening skills; self-starter, organized, deadline oriented and strong attention to detail.
Technical Skills: Adobe Creative suite, Google Analytics/Firebase, Knowledge of Informz email campaign management or other email marketing campaign management experience