Airport Office Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Oversees all office functions for the Millington-Memphis Airport including bookkeeping, administrative tasks, maintenance coordination, leases, and grant monitoring.
- Responds to questions and requests for information; researches complex inquiries and responds or refers to appropriate personnel for a response.
- Prepares administrative, personnel, and financial documents such as Board minutes, invoices, travel requests, purchase orders, time sheets, and calendars, and maintains all such records.
- Refers to department operating procedures, administrative policies and procedures, regulations and standards, reference materials, and other sources in performing assigned job duties.
- Prepares accounts payable checks, processes payments, records monthly financial activity in QuickBooks, assists with budget, and prepares monthly financial reports for the Board.
- Serves as liaison between the Executive Director and Authority Members, City Officials, Authority employees, other governmental agencies, and the public.
- Directs and oversees the daily operations and work projects of Airport contractors and other maintenance personnel.
- Ability to organize, prepare, and maintain an assortment of records, reports, and information in an effective manner.
- Ability to use independent judgement in routine and non-routine situations.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
- Have good working knowledge of business English.
- Has skill in oral/written communications and ability to explain and/or resolve issues for the public.
- Skill and ability in composing a variety of memoranda or letters with only general instructions.
- Mathematical ability to handle required calculations.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, and Excel, and/or other software programs relevant to general office functions.
- Knowledge and ability to operate a computer and various office equipment.
- Ability to type accurately at 40 WPM.
- Is able to comprehend and apply regulations and procedures of the Airport and FAA.
- Is capable of working under a minimum degree of stress related to duties that require constant attention to detail and tight deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience using QuickBooks, payroll, and timekeeping software
- Knowledge of terminology used within airport operations
- Minimum High School Diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree in aviation, business, accounting, or related field preferred
- Training in administrative and data processing skills
- Three years of experience in office, airport, or related administration preferred
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position.
- $38,000 to $47,000 per year
- 27 Paid Days Off per year
- 401(k) matching contribution
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan
- Flexible Health Plan
- Life Insurance
- Opportunity for advancement
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?