Welding Engineer - Automation
- Posted: over a month ago
Miller Welding Automation is a growing division of Miller Electric Mfg. LLC, an Illinois Tool Works affiliate focused on creating customer success with robotic and automated welding solutions. We design and manufacture a full line of automation equipment and serve a broad range of industry segments, from Heavy Equipment and Agriculture to Automotive and Aerospace.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and innovative Engineer to join our dynamic team! This key role will work as part of the MWA welding engineering team developing weld programs and procedures for end-user applications. Create solutions aligned with market requirements and customer pains. Develop custom weld processes for Miller and Panasonic power sources. Keep current with introduction of new technology.
- Develop, measure and document automated weld process and performance characteristics using various analytical tools and technology. • Perform and support offline robotic programming simulations
- Prepare and document customer reports and videos of the welding process.
- Provide world class customer support on equipment for industrial manufacturing segments.
- Support automation sales specialists in presentations and customer meetings
- Up to 10% of time supporting R&D automation initiatives
- BS in Welding Engineering, Welding Engineering Technology other engineering/technical degrees considered with appropriate welding industry experience.
- Experience in the programming and operation of robotics and/or welding automation.
- Familiar with communication and protocols between welding systems, robotic systems, and process supervision
- High personal confidence and ability to be assertive. Can be direct as well as diplomatic.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and a team player, with good planning and multitask organizational skills.
- Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, and behaves in a consistent manner.
- Up to 25% travel required for end user support and Trade Shows.
ITW Welding is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a Disability and need assistance applying for this job, please send an email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
AddressCarol Stream, IL
ManufacturingView all jobs at Miller