BASIC JOB SUMMARY: The Rental Account Manager sells rental services to businesses and individuals in accordance with established company rate, profit and customer guidelines. He is responsible to follow the company's merchandising plan in developing the rental customer base on both an aggregate and branch basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Visit prospective customers to stimulate interest in establishing or expanding their rental and vehicle lease fleets.
2. Soliciting business. He will present all services provided by the Miller Truck Leasing Company to the prospective customers. Full-service lease leads will be referred to the account manager for the area and he will work closely with them to help obtain the lease business.
3. He will follow the company's marketing plan as directed by the Rental Director and will make all contacts and fill out all reports on a consistent and timely basis.
4. All rental rates quoted to customers will be in compliance with Miller's then current rating procedure. VP of Sales must approve all deviation from this policy.
5. He will maintain contact with all Miller rental customers to see that their needs are met and that they are completely satisfied with their rental vehicles. He will also insure that the rental customer complies with all of the terms of the agreement and Miller's other business practices.
6. On a daily basis he will communicate the sales and solicitation activities with VP of Sales.
7. He will personally review in advance with the VP of Sales, all invoices covering bill backs such as flat tires, driver abuse, accident damage, etc., and notify customer of the forthcoming invoice. In conjunction with this, the Rental Account Manager must assure him/herself that the invoice is in order and is in accordance with the Rental Agreement.
8. With the assistance of the VP of Sales and staff, the Rental Account Manager is responsible for the timely collection of all receivables for all rental accounts.
9. He will be knowledgeable of trucks, truck equipment and trucking regulations, so as to assist the customer in their operations and insure that Miller is in compliance with all governmental regulations.
10. At the direction of the VP of Sales, he will perform any other rental activities which are required for the smooth operation of the Rental Department. He will be knowledgeable of the requirements of all other positions in the Rental Department.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Have a valid driver's license (preferably a CDL) and a good driving record. Must have excellent communication skills. Professional personal appearance. Previous rental and leasing experience of at least 2 years. College Degree required. Ability to meet and establish minimum quota of customer contacts
RENTAL ACCOUNT MANAGER – LEASING
and ability to explain the rental and leasing concepts to customers, and the ability to work well with the Sales and Service Departments in developing our rental and lease potential.
The Rental Account Manager works both indoors and outdoors. He/she is required to meet with customers at their place of business. The Rental Department will be located in or near the shop operation and will operate in a shop environment.