** This position is in Halethorpe MD and will be a 45 minute commute not including traffic. There will be traffic on this route as well.
Miller Pipeline is seeking a top-notch Heavy Equipment Diesel Mechanic to perform and document all phases of vehicle and equipment maintenance. Based in Baltimore, Maryland, this position includes diagnostics, repair and maintenance on various types of electric, diesel, and gasoline powered equipment such as pickups, heavy-duty trucks and semi-trailers, excavators, trenchers, dump trucks, backhoes, etc.
Although based in our Baltimore location, this individual will travel regularly by company vehicle (day travel) to other Miller Pipeline locations in the Washington, D.C. He/she may also travel to the South River, NJ area approximately twice per month (overnight).
· Troubleshoot vehicle and equipment to diagnose malfunctions and plan work procedures.
· Repair charging systems, engines and/or transmission exchange, brakes and exhaust systems.
· Rebuild parts such as hydraulic cylinders.
· Complete DOT vehicle inspections.
· Execute front end work including brakes, shocks, and radiators.
· Rewire ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
· Complete repair welding and general fabrication work.
· Replace and/or repair flat tires, perform preventive maintenance, and replace interior and exterior mechanical parts.
· Respond to and complete work orders; prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
· Maintain accurate daily service reports and equipment status reports.
· Interact daily with internal customers, vendors, manufacturers, etc., for technical questions and support.
· Use laptop for diagnostics, service reports, work orders and time reporting.
· 3+ years’ successful hands-on experience with diesel and gasoline engines, hydraulic systems, and diagnostics.
· Experience in Ford and International mechanic work
· Use a smartphone and laptop; perform functions such as texting, e-mailing in Microsoft Outlook, and keeping notes and records.
· Valid driver/operator license. Ability to obtain CDL after employment.
· Able to travel by company vehicle to company worksites; able to travel overnight 1-2x/month.
· Effective troubleshooting and technical ability; solve a variety of complex problems within limited time constraints.
· Ability to do all tasks under little supervision.
· Supply and maintain personal basic tool set. (Miller Pipeline will provide specialty tools/equipment.)
· Effective written communication.
· Interpersonal skills with all customers.
· Associate’s degree or equivalent from accredited university or technical school.
· CDL Class A.
As part of the pre-employment screening process, the Miller Pipeline HR department will run a confidential Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and criminal background report to confirm employment eligibility.
Miller Pipeline offers competitive wages and quality benefits.
Miller Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.