The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain commercial refrigeration, cooking and restaurant facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- $15 up to $30 Hourly Wage, commensurate with experience
- Paid Overtime at 1.5 times the regular rate after 40 hours a week
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance Package plus an 100% Employer Sponsored Telemedicine Benefit for Employee and Dependents
- Company Vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Fuel Card
- Tool Purchasing Program
- Paid Vacation
- Bereavement Leave
- Training & Development Classes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain kitchen and refrigeration equipment to include: Coolers, Freezers, Beverage Units, Ice Machines, Coffee & Tea Machines, Steamers, Fryers, Broilers, Microwaves, Shake Machines, Conventional Ovens, etc.
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain HVAC and electrical systems
- Perform general facilities repairs, upgrades and maintenance related to plumbing, exhaust fans, landscaping, lighting, signage, exterior cleanliness, etc.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and adjust as needed.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and restaurant facilities.
- Perform a variety of electrical, plumbing, maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Assist with fire prevention by checking fire suppression system and extinguisher certification dates and reporting needed service to Vendor and Director of Operations
- Operate Company vehicle.
- Maintain accurate records and receipts for purchases, repairs and service requests
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Complete all daily/weekly/monthly assignments, inspections and reports.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, GED or relevant work experience.
- HVAC Certification
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification Type I and II
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, GED
- Minimum of 3-year total field experience
- HVAC Certification
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification Universal
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Language Skills: Demonstrated English language proficiency that enables speech expression clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, guests and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record; HVAC, Plumbing, Carpentry, or Electrician Certifications preferred.
- Possess own tools required to perform job duties
- Ability to successfully pass a drug and background screening
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- U.S. Work Authorization
Judgement / Problem Solving
Planning Organizing / Work Management
Quality Orientation / Attention to Detail
Team Work Collaboration
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL AND COGNITIVE DEMANDS: This description is intended to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and cognitive activities of the job to the end that an applicant can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- Use of hands and fingers to reach, grip, grasp, twist, type and write.
- Perform repetitive actions to operate foot controls or motor vehicles
- Vision abilities for close, distant, peripheral, depth and color recognition with the ability to adjust focus
- Work with required chemicals
- Frequent need to climb ladders, either inside or outside the restaurant
- Ability to consistently stand, walk, kneel, squat and twist/turn. These may be done on concrete floor with carpet or tile covering. An employee may remain on their feet the entire shift.
- Lift/move/push/pull items up to 25 pounds regularly; lift or move up to 40 pounds frequently; lift or move up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- Will be exposed to fumes, flames, gas, hot oil, moving mechanical parts, vibration, various sounds and alarms
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time, non-exempt status position requiring individuals to work a variable schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays; and typically, 50-65 hours a week. It may require long hours and during peak seasons and / or depending on business needs. Times and shifts will be determined by the business needs of the Company.
Travel is regularly required and extends to the areas of stores locations and to the Corporate office, occurring primarily during restaurant operating hours. Some out-of-area travel may be expected for training. The position is provided a Company Vehicle to drive for transportation.
Miller Management, LLC, committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital or family status, and covered veteran status.
Equal employment opportunity principles govern all aspects of Miller Management, LLC.’s personnel policies, practices and operations. All phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, evaluation, promotion, transfer, assignment, training, benefits and separation, are conducted in compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and regulations.
Managers and supervisors, at all levels, share the responsibility to ensure equal employment opportunity. All employees play an important role in maintaining an environment of equal opportunity and must treat all fellow employees with respect and professionalism.