Marketing & Communications Manager
- Expired: July 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Reporting To: Rebecka Valente
Fast-growing marketing team is seeking experienced, passionate, self-motivated marketing & communications professionals.
You: Experienced, passionate, self-motivated marketing & communications professional who thrives on managing disparate tasks throughout the day.
Do you like being a part of team - but also excel at getting things done on your own? Do you take great pride in your work? Do you love the idea of building something up from the ground floor? If so, read on!
Us: A top-100 CPA firm that is expanding our MarCom team to build dynamic and inspiring campaigns that further propel the firm forward.
Miller Kaplan is a different kind of CPA firm; we believe in building a legacy-yours. We want to give our clients the very best, and we understand that begins with helping our employees be their best through professional mentorship, life-work integration, and a sense of community. That starts with you!
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Director of Brand & Business Development, you will help drive the department's initiatives, campaigns, and goals forward. You will be responsible for the firm's social media, web updates, email campaigns, promotional merchandise, and support the proposal process, among other administrative duties for the department.
- Social media: create integrated social campaigns
- Website: upload blog posts and page updates
- Design: one-sheets, presentations, ads, etc.
- Assemble proposals (InDesign)
- Promotional merchandise: manage vendors, oversee inventory
- Brand management: ensure style guidelines are followed
- Hub management: designing & updating firm Intranet
- Event coordinating
- Serve as a brand ambassador (must be available to attend evening events occasionally)
What skills & experience you need to succeed in this role:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional MarCom experience (not including internships) - preferably in accounting, professional services, or other B2B industries
- Critical thinking
- Commitment to quality
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience managing social media for a professional services firm: driving engagement, tracking and reporting results
- Solid understanding of all mainstream social media platforms
- Familiarity with Hootsuite (or similar publishing tool)
- Photography and/or video production skills
- Experience with WordPress
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint)
- Intermediate skills with Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Illustrator and InDesign)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects on tight deadlines
- Stays current with evolving technologies, platforms, and best practices
Individuals who will thrive in this role will bring curiosity, emotional intelligence, an executive presence, and be results-driven. Ideal candidates will also possess:
- Google Ads & Analytics experience
- Familiarity with Zoom Webinar
- Experience drafting proposals/responses to RFPs
- Familiar with CRMs (e.g., Salesforce)
- Familiar with Trello
What you'll receive:
- Competitive Salary
- 20 days of PTO + 10 paid company holidays
- FSA & HSA
- Employee Assistance Program
- AT&T Employee Phone Discount
- Basic Life Insurance (firm paid after 6 months of employment)
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Pet Insurance
- Virtual and in-office firm social events
- Client referral bonuses
- Commuter Benefit Plans
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan - Traditional & Roth Options
- Benefits for CPA eligible candidates including study material and exam reimbursements, paid time off for exams, and an exam passing bonus
- Benefits for CFE eligible candidates including an exam passing bonus
- Leadership development and training & mentorship programs
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Miller Kaplan