Production/Construction - Air Housing Unit Builder - Flex Air - 1st Shift
- Expired: May 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Miller Industries - Production/Construction Air Housing Unit Builder - 1st Shift - Copper Ave - Fenton, Michigan
Who We Are
Are you ready for a change and want the opportunity to work on custom products made in the USA? Miller Industries LLC, comprised of Performance Fabricating, Flex Air, MiFarmPod and Miller Industries Representatives, takes great pride in our family business built on hard work and passion for making quality products, while focusing on the needs of our employees. We specialize in custom steel fabrication, custom commercial and industrial HVAC systems, HVAC applications and lastly, modular indoor grow systems for the agricultural industry. We have been primary suppliers to automotive, healthcare, and institutional customers worldwide. As we continue to grow, we are looking to add skilled talent to our team!
Who We Want
Miller Industries is seeking a Production Air Housing Unit Builder for our Flex Air Division on Copper Ave. in Fenton, MI. Our 1st Shift hours are Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with some overtime hours on Saturday and/or Sunday as needed for production.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for reading blueprints/production assembly drawings to build custom industrial size air handling units.
- Use power tools including drills, saws, cranes, and sheet metal punching tools to build custom walls, floors, fans, coils, filter frames, siding and roofing and other components of the air handling units.
- Candidate will be working with hand-held tools and measuring devices and performing measurement calculations.
- Use specialty tools to secure components to various pieces of metal surfaces.
- Mount sub-assemblies to various metal plates, panels and brackets.
- Comply with company policies and follow all quality processes.
- Assist with quality control, making sure that all finished good materials are in good condition.
- Keep plant and work area clean and orderly and notify supervisor concerning the need for any repairs.
What You Get Paid
The position pays a competitive hourly rate. We offer a competitive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, STD, a 401k with immediate match, 10 paid holidays, PTO, profit sharing bonus eligibility, and overtime opportunities.
What Requirements Are Needed
- High School diploma or GED.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in manual labor, skilled trades, construction, or manufacturing positions.
- Possess ability to use tools including screw drivers, wire snips, needle nose pliers, Allen wrenches, tape measure and a flashlight.
- Ability to operate hand tools while working on a ladder.
- Ability to multi-task various projects with high level of detail.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to follow directions, produce quality work, and maintain safe work environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to maintain a positive working environment.
- Previous welding and sheet metal experience preferred.
Miller Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You can also find this job posting at www.millc.com.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Miller Industries