Largest Independent Accounting Firm in the Chicagoland Market!
Organic Growth…. Ever-Evolving, Full Service Accounting Firm….Collaborative Environment…..THE PEOPLE!
These are just a few examples of what makes Miller Cooper different from other accounting firms! As we approach our 100-year anniversary, Miller Cooper continues to adapt to our clients’ needs which gives our employees the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Check out videos below to hear from our employees!
The Miller Cooper Difference
Miller Cooper Culture
We are seeking an ACCOUNTING MANAGER for our Client Accounting Services Department!
Why Consider This Position:
- Exposure to many clients’ month end close processes, accounting issues and accounting staff (VARIETY KEEPS YOU FEELING CHALLENGED AND LEADS TO PERSONAL GROWTH
- Not assigned to a specific industry (GENERAL INDUSTRY EXPOSURE)
- Check out https://millercooper.com/industries/ for the list of industries we service!
- Service various client needs in a controller/CFO capacity (CHALLENGING WORK AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES)
- Promotions based on individual performance NOT on a limited number of openings (CULTIVATING A NON-COMPETITIVE ENVRIRONMENT - WE’RE IN IT TOGETHER!)
- FLEXIBLE full-time or part-time position
- Downtown Chicago or Deerfield office (YOUR CHOICE!)
- Direct, monitor and execute the daily accounting functions of our clients, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and inventory accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Manage cash flow and preparing budgets and forecasts
- Perform/orchestrate month end closing.
- Assist with financial statements and reporting package, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow. Investigate variances and trends.
- Monthly bank reporting/credit compliance.
- Coordinate financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Daily access to a vehicle to drive to clients
Education, Experience, Competencies:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in a controller/CFO role or public accounting, specifically with an audit or client accounting background
- CPA required
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Quicken, Word, Excel
- Experience supervising and mentoring staff
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Analytical, problem solving abilities
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, team environment