3 most important things client needs this person to have – Ability to show up to work every day, reliability and timeliness, and ability to work significant OT
While the duties listed below are all encompassing, not all of those duties are performed continually on a regular basis (i.e.: daily, weekly, etc.). The duties performed are dependent on the operation being supported. There are various operations that use Packaging Machine Operators.
- Reports to: Production/Freezer Supervisor
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Starts and stops filler machine as required to ensure continuity of operation.
- Checks for properly filled containers, adding or removing production from improperly filled containers.
- Set controls for speed of filler drum and line speed to insure adequate fills.
- Adheres to common safety practices or rules including the wearing of protective equipment as required.
- Keeps work area clean in accordance with good housekeeping practices.
- Adheres to our plant hygiene standards to ensure high product integrity.
- Should not leave assigned area unless given permission by Supervisor or Lead person.
- Responsible for execution of food safety, legality and quality policies and procedures within the scope of the job responsibilities such as but not limited to: GMP's, HACCP, food safety, product quality, food security, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Lead person.
Physical Demands – lift up to 50 pounds