Miller Brother Staffing is actively seeking Installers for a local HVAC Company in Pittsburgh PA.
Nature of Work
The HVAC Installer position includes a variety of semi-skilled and skilled level work in the installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning in production homes, which includes ductwork, as well as carpentry and other construction tasks. The HVAC Installer position is also responsible for showing up at different locations based upon where new construction occurs – on time.
Under the direction and supervision of the Crew Leader “First Man”, and the “Second Man”, the HVAC Rough Installer performs a variety of entry level duties on rough installation of HVAC Systems on production homes. HVAC Rough Installation requires vigorous physical activity. The construction environment may be hot, cold, wet, dry, dusty, windy, dirty or muddy. The terrain of the construction site may be rough and uneven. Work may be done in equipment, on the ground, in confined spaces, or at heights, depending on the project/task.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
The HVAC Installer performs the following tasks:
- Appears on time at the job site based upon the direction of the Crew Leader.
- Loading and unloading tools and materials at the construction site.
- Measuring distances with a tape measure.
- Uses hand/power tools.
- Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, or drills.
- Maintain personal and company tools and equipment.
- Utilizes mastic on ductwork.
- Installation of Flex Duct/Register Boots in building attics.
- Performs other related tasks as required.
Responsibility and Authority
The position of HVAC Installer carries no supervisory authority. The HVAC Installer reports to the Crew Leader (1st Man) and 2nd Man and receives daily work assignments and responsibilities from Field Superintendent.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The position of HVAC Installer requires the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to perform physical outdoor activities occasionally under extreme weather conditions. HVAC Installation duties are performed year-round.
- Physical stamina and strength to perform required tasks. Ability to lift and carry material around the construction site or operate in small, enclosed spaces. Ability to lift and haul 30 to 50 pound materials.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a variety of power tools, hand tools, and other equipment used in the work.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions as well as building plans.
- Climbing up and down ladders, and the ability to complete work off of a ladder for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Work at different heights, including the ability to work in building attics.
- Do paper work associated with the job and time sheet.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply safety precautions and utilize the provided safety equipment while performing assigned work.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees/take directions and communicate effectively.
Minimum Experience and Training
The HVAC Installer position requires experience in related work and the demonstrated ability to utilize tools and perform work. A valid driver's license and reliable, personal vehicle capable of getting to the assigned job site is required.