Title: Software Engineering Project Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Contract Term: 12+ Months
Weekly 40.00 hours [Mon-Fri]
Work Shift: 1st Shift
Software Engineering Project Management is responsible for managing the execution of programs and/or projects consisting of single or multiple projects. Works within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while managing and communicating risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
Seeking a highly motivated, self-directed, and experienced person to lead Agile software development. The ideal candidate is a professional who is a program or project manager for a company that develops enterprise-class software applications, has led multiple teams of 10+ software engineers indirectly reporting to the candidate, with experience in managing geographically dispersed teams.
Strong management skills with a proven record of providing direction and leadership to others are essential. The candidate must be a highly effective communicator and problem-solver. The candidate must also possess demonstrated skills in leading and managing change; should possess the ability to pull together ideas and suggestions, shape them into a vision, and then implement this in the project plans.
The selected candidate will bring new ideas, creativity and perspectives to our organization. You will lead by example, with leadership focused on accountability, collaboration, and transparency. You will also nurture a sense of camaraderie, success and appreciation among your team, and identify opportunities to improve team performance and effectiveness.
Excellent communication and cooperation within the Product Development organization and with all departments/stakeholders within the business unit (and beyond) is essential for success.
1. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of project and program management principles.
2. Uses project management tools to manage large and complex projects or programs.
3. Defines and manages scope, time and resources of large scale, complex projects or programs.
4. Facilitates identification of project or program risks/issues, develops and assigns responsibility for mitigation/resolution actions; manages mitigation plan.
5. Refines project management methodologies for quality and project or program risk management.
6. Refines AGILE methodologies for quality and continuous SCRUM Team execution.
7. Synthesizes critical information and communicates business implications to stakeholders.
8. Consults with the senior management team and non-technology organization personnel.
9. Has depth and breadth of experience in project management; integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
10. Has depth and breadth of experience in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies
11. Applies in-depth skills and broad knowledge of the business to address complex problems and non-standard situations.
12. Provides SCRUM Master Leadership in the form of coaching, mentoring, and/or training SCRUM teams.
13. Acts as a key contributor in a complex environment.
14. Measures project performance for schedule and resource effort variance.
This position will engage with business stakeholders to manage and deliver clinically-oriented data analytics applications and services.
1. Bachelor's degree in related field required.
2. 6+ years related work experience required.
3. Experience in highly government-regulated, healthcare/medical device environment.
4. Ability to lead cross-functional teams toward operational objectives.
5. Ability to manage multiple project deployments and integrations.
6. Aptitude to contribute to strategic goal-setting for department/business unit.
7. Ability to manage conflict.
8. Effective writing, speaking, and presentation skills required.
9. Ability to manage others and set priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
10. Experience working with matrixed resources within assigned programs and/or projects.
11. Solid understanding of software development work, practices and culture.
12. Experience in delivering products within an end-to-end software development life cycle (SDLC).
13. Practical knowledge and application of Agile software development principles.
14. Drives the consistency of departmental Agile practices.
15. Aptitude to contribute to strategic goal-setting for department/business unit.
16. Understanding of and experience in stage-gate or similar innovation management process.
17. Skilled in meeting facilitation, action item traction and follow up.
18. Ability to use Microsoft Visual Studio – Team Foundation Server desired.
19. Ability to use AZURE DevOps desired
20. PlanView Portfolio Management knowledge desired.
21. Project Management Professional (PMP) desired.
22. Certified SCRUM Master Certification (CSM) desired.