Position : Software Engineering Intern
Location : San Jose, CA
Duration : 3 Months Contract
Total Hours/week : 40.00
· The intern will provide hands-on support for software engineering projects, which requires a subset of the following skills and knowledge.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the design, coding, unit testing and documentation of software components and features.
· Build automation test framework
· Work with the software engineering team to meet deliverables.
· Receive instructions and guidance from mentor regarding required tasks and expected results.
· Fully embedded in fast pace software agile development teams. Participate in sprint planning, demos and daily scrum activities.
· Reports on progress on daily basis or as required.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Experience with TestComplete
· Experience with R-Project and Go language
· Knowledge in statistics
· User interface design
· Experience with Windows PC, TFS, and SQL
· Familiar with Splunk software tool
· Detail oriented individual, able to follow written procedures with minimal direction
· Good verbal communication and technical writing skills
· Knowledge in life science
· Students entering their junior year or higher in Spring - Summer 2019
· Seeking candidates who are pursuing a BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science or related area with some knowledge in life science.