Position : Engineering Lab Technician
Location : Franklin Lakes, NJ
Duration : 6+ Months Contract
Total Hours/week : 40.00(Mon-Fri)
Min Qualification: BSc in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering
Job Description: Tech 1, Product Development Engineering
- Basic laboratory skills.
- Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLP) desirable.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis desirable.
- Knowledge of the operation of mechanical measurement equipment (e.g. Instron) desirable.
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Participate as part of the laboratory staff; plan and perform experiments that support new product or technology feasibility testing;
- Analyze data generated from experiments (statistical analysis)
- Report results of experiments to R&D management and peers;
- Advise of the product development implications arising from the results;
- When necessary prepare technical reports. (technical writing)
- This position consists of extensive hands-on mechanical laboratory testing involving tension, compression and torsion testing. Min 6 months.