Millennium Systems Design has an opening for an experienced project manager who want to add their talents to our growing company. Use your management skills for the installation of sophisticated residential and/or light commercial technology systems including, but not limited to, Home Theaters; Media Rooms; distributed video and audio systems, lighting, shading, environmental controls as well as Wellness and outdoor systems. You will be fully responsible for the project from signed contract to client delivery and coordinate the work of the technical team assigned to each project.
We are a luxury, concierge Residential Custom Integration company and have built a great reputation over the past 20 years. We are a “family first” company that believes your family is more important than work, we will work around emergencies and important events. We understand it is the people that make a company great and we acknowledge the efforts of our work family.
If you want to work for a company that appreciates you, come work for us.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager role:
· Manage installation efficiency and ensure maximum job profitability.
· Coordination with customer / GC and other trades
· Manage Technician scheduling system, assign appropriate techs.
· Facilitate project kick-off meetings to ensure all parties are informed.
· Learn iPoint management software and utilize it daily.
· Manage the project schedule.
· Assumes final responsibility of projects.
· Provides regular project reports to management team.
· Follow through and update Project Management SOP's
· Facilitates all Client requested change orders by working with the Engineering team and then presenting the change orders to the client for approval.
· Provides clear direction to the Procurement Team for when materials, supplies and services are due. Also provides clear direction on when materials need to be delivered to job site.
· Monitors construction schedules and coordinates with builders, general contractors, homeowners, and other trades.
· Routinely walks job site to ensure quality installation of projects.
· Provide solutions to challenging problems.
· Supervises technicians and subcontractors.
· Address complaints and resolve problems on job sites.
Skills, Certifications, and Preferred Experience
· Good listener: the ability to pay attention, ask questions, and come away with a solid understanding of a situation and / or networked environment in a short amount of time.
· Ability to read blueprints and add redline drawings.
· PMI – PMP Certification desired, but not required.
· 3–5-year project management experience required.
· 5+ years in the Residential AV Industry preferred
· Has strong knowledge of construction fundamentals.
· Has an understanding of job financial reports, and the ability to control costs in the handling of projects.
· Prior scheduling experience
· Strong Technical Aptitude: ability to quickly learn new technologies, software programs, and procedures
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business communications and contracts. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure documents.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions given in written, oral or schedule form.
· Fluent in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote), comfortable with frequent internet searches and research.
· Ability to work a minimum of 40 hours per week and be available by phone during scheduled installation hours. (May require overtime or weekend contact)
Millennium Systems Design is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire first on core values, then on experience, knowledge, and education. Factors outside of these four areas are not considered in the application and hiring process. This includes race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or other personal factors that have nothing to do with ability and job performance. Millennium Systems Design will not tolerate discrimination or harassment and values providing a safe, confident workplace for all members of the team.
Job Type: Full-time
Millennium Systems Design, Inc
Why Work Here?
We are a family first company that recognizes our team's contributions to our success. Apply now!