Spacecraft Thermal Engineer - Mid-Career
- Posted: over a month ago
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for demanding customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on demonstrated excellence. Superstars are welcome.
At Millennium, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Thermal Engineers support the Spacecraft Development Program Managers and Chief Systems Engineer through the development of all spacecraft thermal system configurations, designs, analyses, testing, and flight operations. Spacecraft thermal subsystem elements includes all passive and active means of controlling the satellite’s system, subsystem, and component environments within both operating and survival limits during all pertinent system lifetime activities. Thermal engineers also have the opportunity to support MLI blanket design, fabrication, and installation.
This position’s internal job code is Mechanical System Design & Analysis Engineer. Our team is currently hiring for a level 3.
- Perform spacecraft thermal design and analyses at the board, component, subsystem, and system level
- Develop systems and spacecraft element thermal models to predict thermal loads, impacts, and temperature margins to support system design
- Brief design and analysis materials to program managers, customers, and/or sponsors
- Identify all materials, processes, and facilities to achieve a qualified spacecraft thermal design and operation
- Assists in proposal and new business development efforts
- Support thermal verification testing on spacecraft systems and components including test design, test conduct, data reduction, analysis, and reporting
- Support the development of tools to aide in conceptual designs and post-processing analysis
- Potential to cross-train with MLI team for hands-on support
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or other relevant fields
- 5 or more years of experience in the design, development, analysis, implementation, testing, and/or operation of spacecraft thermal systems or other related complex thermal systems
- Proficiency with thermal analysis tools (e.g. Thermal Desktop, SINDA/FLUINT, ANSYS, Thermica)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Level 3: $102,000 - $150,000.
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan. Relocation assistance to Southern California can be provided.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is a DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
Mandatory Security Clearance and Access Process Disqualifying Criteria
Powered by JazzHR
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company
AddressEl Segundo, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?