Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company delivers affordable, high-performance space systems for exacting customers. At Millennium, you will be part of a close-knit team working on exciting technological problems. We work in an open environment where ideas are shared across all disciplines, and there are ample opportunities for advancement based on excellence. Superstars are welcome.
The Mechanical Technician will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks in support of fabrication, integration and test of space flight systems and support equipment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate, assemble, install, repair, test, checkout and inspect mechanical spacecraft assemblies by interpreting blueprints, engineering drawings and specifications, and written assembly, integration and test procedures
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and correct malfunctions of mechanical spacecraft assemblies by modification, rework, repair, and/or performing maintenance and testing
- Perform second party verifications and visually inspect mechanical assemblies to drawings, engineering specifications, and written assembly, integration and test procedures
- Operate various materials handling equipment including forklifts, overhead cranes, aerial lift equipment, flight vehicle and sub-assembly transportation equipment, truck/tractor trailer combinations and other GSE as required
- Capable of setting up and operating a wide range of machine tools. Included but not limited to: CNC Mill, CNC router, drill press, grinders, chop saw, power and hand tools
- Perform routine operator maintenance functions such as daily lubrication, chip removal, and the cleaning of machines, table, surrounding area as required
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in mechanical assembly on high reliability products (preferably aerospace products)
- Industry certification and/or Trade School training
- Experience with assembly tooling and/or composites fabrication and assembly
- 1+ years of machine shop experience
- Experience with using various hand and power tools
- Experience mixing epoxy materials
- This candidate will be the primary team member for working a shifted or alternate work schedule when required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequent standing, sitting, stopping, kneeling, crawling, and squatting is required
- Able to lift up to 50lbs to transfer or move tools, parts, equipment, containers and materials
- Have the ability to operate standard computer software (Microsoft office and ERP), equipment and keyboards
- Able to work in normal office as well as inside and outside industrial working environments
- Possess the ability to work in confined spaces and at heights
- Have ability to fly on regular commercial airlines to offsite locations and launch facilities
- Familiar with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) to include, but not limited to, filtered respirators, SCAPE (Self Contained Atmospheric Protective Ensemble), portable air packs, and splash suits
Benefits and Perks
Millennium Space Systems, A Boeing Company offers a very competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, and 401k plan.
Before applying, please note:
Millennium is DDTC-registered, ITAR-compliant Company. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Applicants MUST be U.S. citizens and eligible for a security clearance. Additionally, applicants must be willing to apply for and maintain a security clearance. We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage veterans, disabled veterans and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.