Job Summary: Support and lead press team in all aspects of press operation. Maintain and upkeep press, press area, and related materials to create consistent, quality work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a multi-color offset press printing quality multi-color work with critical color values and critical register requirements.
- Review and understand job specifications to determine press set up, plate hanging, blanket and roller installation and settings, setting register and ink feed, feeding and delivering, and all press settings necessary to achieve a company and customer satisfying printed job.
- Facilitate great production meeting and exceeding company expectations.
- Provide a safe environment while teaching a crew safety of personnel and machinery, while following all company safety manuals and company safety procedures and initiatives.
- Keeping a clean machine, while lubricating and completing all scheduled maintenance per the machine specifications while following all company maintenance procedures and guidelines.
- Utilize all densitometry measurements in the production of a job including LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also maintain proper chemistry using daily conductivity meters, refractometers, and Ph strips to insure proper fountain solution.
Perform all other related duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Minimum three years as a Lead Press Operator or combination Lead press operator and assistant operator or equivalent.
- Ability to adequately view color accurately and identify print defects.
- Ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 10 to 25 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand and perform the requirements of the position up to 12 hours with a few short breaks.
- Ability to utilize press densitometers to measure LAB color, density, dot gain, and trap. Also to properly use micrometers, refractometers, torque wrenches, and basic press tools efficiently.
- Willingness to abide by all plant practices and procedures.
- Overtime is an expected requirement.
- Ability to maintain great attendance and tardy record.
- Good knowledge of computers necessary to manage and run the press.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to apply written and verbal instructions to set-up machine and operation
- Perform simple mathematical calculations-addition, subtraction, multiplication
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None Required but ability to operate forklifts and hand lifts a plus.
Millennium Print Group
Why Work Here?You must have experience in the printing industry.
We are leading the way for Offset Sheet Fed Printing.