A Senior Software Engineer has the primary responsibility of performing all software related tasks supporting development of new avionic display interface solutions. A typical test platform may require work in some or all of the following areas: Labview, FPGA integration (Xilinx), Microsoft Windows interface (C, C++), and embedded systems development (ARM Cortex). The software engineer must understand the entire scope and purpose of said test solution and will be involved in the entire life cycle of a product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Instrumental in developing interface methodology for highly complicated avionics displays, to include but not limited to user interface, hardware drivers, data analysis tools, and firmware.
- Participate in product planning activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs.
- Create embedded systems firmware based on input from a schematic, microcontroller datasheet, and component datasheets.
- Create interface for new products.
- Aid in the development and maintenance of a generic test framework to be used with current and future designs.
- Build installation procedures, setup, and deployment programs for use in-house and by external customers.
- Manage a software project, source files, and related files using sound software management skills.
- Develop applications that support the product for field firmware upgrades, calibration, and other ancillary use.
- The software engineer must provide project analysis and time estimates to engineering management.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the engineering director.
Why Work Here?
Great low key environment, flexable hours, great small business environement. Heathcare plan, comapny bonus system
Lee's Summit, MO