Maintenance Assistant - Maple Oak
The Maintenance Assistant is responsible for assisting in maintaining the overall condition and image of the property, including, but not limited to exteriors, common areas, vacant units, floor care and trash removal, as well as for the property surrounding the building(s), including litter pick-up, sidewalk cleaning and snow removal. Performs preventive and corrective maintenance, as well as cleaning duties. The position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor or Property Manager.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Read and carry out work orders and requests promptly, thoroughly, and efficiently.
- Carry out preventive maintenance schedules and functions.
- Performs necessary inspections on units, equipment, and systems to determine repairs needed.
- Participate in on-call availability for maintenance and emergency requests.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Inventory, care for and maintain parts, equipment, materials, and other supplies owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Report unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents.
- Assist in diagnosing issues, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Perform a variety of maintenance, grounds keeping, and cleaning functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools in performing duties.
- Apply chemicals.
- Operate and comply with OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times. Maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Maintain the required uniform and ensuring a professional appearance and courteous attitude at all times.
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as may be delegate.
- This position requires regular and predictable attendance as an essential function of the job.
Experience & Education
- High school education or equivalent.
- 1 year of experience working in a maintenance, custodial or grounds keeping role in any industry preferred.
- Ability to read English language sufficiently to understand written work orders and instructions is required.
- Possess basic troubleshooting skills and able to identify and repair defective system components.
Grooming & Uniform
- Must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Distinctive uniform must be worn at all times while on duty.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in a residential setting with regular exposure to cold, heat, noise, people, and equipment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Each applicant for employment is considered solely on the basis of job qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Background Check Process
The information in your resume and application, including employment history, educational history, and credentials/certifications, are subject to verification.
Millennia Housing ManagementKingsport, TN
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.