This position works in the pharmacy department under the direction of a registered pharmacist, providing services to hospital patients, Long Term Care residents, providers, nurses, and employees.
- The essential functions of this job are identified with an asterisk (*) at the end of the bullet point.
- Fills LTC and employee prescriptions using QS1 system.*
- Enters inpatient and outpatient orders on HMS system.
- Completes cart fills for inpatients.*
- Performs compounding of medications from written instructions and maintains a record.*
- Prepares IV medications.*
- Assists employees with employee prescriptions, insurance issues, and OTC requests.*
- Provides nursing staff with Omnicell training and support.
- Stocks meds in the Omnicell machine.*
- Does monthly inspection of drug storage area for outdates and overstocks.*
- Correctly signs out controlled drugs.*
- Follows correct procedures for return and waste of controlled drugs.
- Resolve controlled drug discrepancies. *
- Performs annual inventory.*
- Assists in ordering annual flu vaccines for MLHS.
- Assists in managing drugs and vaccines for clinics.*
- Organizes and manages kits and boxes that contain meds.*
- Assists in monitoring 340B program inventory.*
- Assists with controlled drug audits.*
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of current registration with the Minnesota Board of Pharmacy
- Previous On-the-Job training or experience may be considered in place of formal education.
- Computer experience needed.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must pass Pharmacy Technician certification test within 12 months of hire if not currently certified.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mille Lacs Health System