Basic Care Aide - Long Term Care Full TIme
Mille Lacs Health System Onamia, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is located on our Onamia MN campus
The Basic Care Aide is a new temporary position being created to help nursing homes & healthcare facilities to provide personal care for residents/patients during this public health emergency.
The Basic Care Aide will be able to help residents/patients with personal cares including oral care, bathroom assistance, dressing, and grooming. In addition, they will provide support and services in infection prevention and control, emergency preparedness, mobility and positioning assistance, temperature, bed making, and nutrition and hydration.
The essential functions of this job are identified with an asterisk (*) at the end of the bullet point
- Long Term Care facility. This population is predominantly geriatric, although occasionally the resident population includes some young adult and/or middle-aged residents. Staff members must also demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth, development and aging from adolescence through the end of life, including death and dying. In addition, each staff member must be able to assess and interpret data relating to the resident's status in order to identify the resident's age specific needs.*. *
- Assists with the needs and comfort of residents including hygiene, nutrition, activity and treatments in accordance with the policies and procedures of Mille Lacs Health System.*
- Observes residents and communicates changes and/or needs to the Team Leader.*
- Maintains a safe, clean environment for residents and staff by following infection control and safety policies and procedures.*
Required Education and Experience
- Individuals will complete a 9-hour online training and a recommended minimum of 2 hours of skill competency
- training completed with a licensed nurse in your setting.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the resident population serviced in the Long
- Term Care facility.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth, development and aging, from adolescence through the end
- of life, including death and dying.
- Assess and interpret data relating to the resident's status in order to identify the resident's age specific needs.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, nonverbal and listening)
- Computer skills including Word and Outlook.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Profession: Individual must be will willing to work Monday through Sunday with eight (8) hour or twelve (12) hour day, evening, and night shifts, rotating weekends and holidays.
Position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro