Activities Aide - Long Term Care (Part-Time)
Mille Lacs Health System Onamia, MN
- Posted: over a month ago
This position is located on our Onamia MN campus
4-8 hours shifts possibilities with every other weekend and holiday expectations
The population is predominantly geriatric, although occasionally the resident population includes some young adult and/or middle-aged residents.
The Activities Aide assists in developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating activities according to departmental procedures. The Activities Aide will assist in the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of our Residents.
Job Duties for Long Term Care Unit
- Works well with other co-workers and staff members. Displays respectful communication with residents and staff.
- Always assures safety for self and residents
- Demonstrates good customer service skills.
- Comes to work with positive attitude and is friendly to residents, their families and other staff members.
- Performs specific tasks as assigned and is reliable and on time for scheduled shifts. Adheres to MLHS policies and department procedures.
- Provides activities to residents in a timely manner. Gathers needed materials and sets up for activity groups.
- Ensures adequate supplies are obtained monthly for activities and adheres to activity budget.
- Ensures activities are performed in the general area and memory care as assigned.
- Provides one-to-one visits and sensory groups according to daily calendar/assignment list.
- Ensures activity calendar is distributed monthly to residents.
- Assist in maintaining outside sources of entertainment.
- Has charting done timely, completely and up to department standards.
- Willing to take the responsibility to pick up items for residents when needed.
- Participates in care conferences with resident and family when necessary.
- Gives information to supervisor pertaining to current care plan and goals of residents to improve their quality of life.
- Follow Care Plans as implemented by Activity Director.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma
Preferred Education and Experience
- Health care industry experience
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant or Activity Assistant in a long term setting
- Previous work with general public and especially geriatrics
- Experience with arts/crafts
- Experience in public or group speaking
- Current Registration with the MN Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant (On Site Training Available)
Company Benefits Overview
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement, Discounts and Scholarships Programs
- Retirement Plans
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Service and Pharmacy Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday Pay
Job Posted by ApplicantPro