INDUSTRIAL & SAFETY ENGINEER
Milkrite InterPuls Inc Johnson Creek, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Internal: Site Leader, Manufacturing Manager, Quality Manager, Human Resource Manager, Production Shift Supervisors, Process Technicians, Safety Committee, all department employees
External: Suppliers, Contractors
Scope of the Function
Under the direction of the Manufacturing Manager, analyze and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying areas for improvement both in efficiency and safety. Lead and/or coordinate all Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives within the facility. Gain buy in to a continually improving safety culture by leading the safety committee as well as initiatives created or assigned within the facility. Track, suggest and report metrics to monitor and improve safety within the facility.
- Measure, promote and ensure a safe working environment within the business activities
- Deliver training and instruction to associates and team members for all new processes and equipment ensuring ISO compliance
- Work with leadership to modify or create policies regarding EH&S
- Work with the quality department to improve processes to increase customer satisfaction
- Participate in internal ISO audits as a trained ISO auditor
- Perform time studies as needed within the organization
- Design, develop and improve new and existing processes to deliver new processes in line with project objectives and current H&S legislation
- Lead safety committee and manage all initiatives
- Lead accident investigation process. Implement process improvements where necessary
- Report out safety information to internal sources as applicable
- Participate in or lead continuous improvement projects and kaizens throughout the plant
- Ensure Environmental compliance
- All other activities as directed by the leadership team
Salary is based on experience.
Job title: Environment, Health and Safety Specialist
- Bachelors of Science in Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma and Kaizen desirable
- OSHA Training desirable
- Working knowledge EH&S practices and standards
- Ability to present, both verbally and in writing, data and information to management, employees and suppliers as required
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Competent in the use of computers, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Experience leading safety initiatives to completion
- CAD or SolidWorks experience
- Project management experience
0-2 years in a safety role or applicable certifications/degree
Proven experience with project management of multiple concurrent projects
Working knowledge of safety standards and initiatives
8:00 AM - 4:30 PM,
Might need to adjust hours if needed to cover projects on other shifts.