Auto req ID: 263795BR
Job Code: Representative Sales
To apply for this position, please click submit and follow instructions.
I. Job Summary
The Outside Sales Representative (OSR) utilizes a consultative sales approach in the sale of Waste Management services to small and/or less complex commercial accounts in an assigned territory/segment. The OSR is responsible for prospecting and closing to achieve sales revenue goals by developing and implementing sound selling strategies that ensure revenue growth.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Prepares for and executes cold calls to influence potential commercial customers (small and/or less complex accounts) into setting appointments with the purpose of presenting and selling Waste Management services
- Conducts pre-sales activities to gain understanding of the customer's needs and prepare for the meeting. This includes gathering appropriate marketing material and pricing plans, identifying customer needs and interests to determine the best sales strategy and identifying potential objections with plans to address during the sales meeting.
- Effectively uses Waste Management sales productivity software tools (i.e. Prospect and Customer Database, Proposal Program, Pricing Tools, etc.)
- Facilitates prospect follow up meeting(s)
- Matches Waste Management services with customer needs by demonstrating knowledge of customers, pricing and competition; effectively communicates pricing and service strategies; proactively engages other Waste Management business opportunities, referring internally as appropriate.
- Uses in depth industry and company knowledge and makes recommendations on equipment optimization and leasing options.
- Negotiates and closes sales by effectively communicating alternatives and positions to reach mutually beneficial sales agreements