Auto req ID: 261485BR
Job Code: Health-Services health-services
Job Description: Attention Veterans, Transitioning Military, National Guard Members, Military Spouses and Caregivers of War Wounded: To apply for this position, please click on the submit button and follow the instructions.
Summary: This MA will work with our Primary Care Health Clinic.
Spanish Speaking a plus!
Phlebotomy Experience preferred.
Excellent Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- May require other duties as assigned
Position Title: Medical Assistant (MA) - Brentwood TN
Job_Category: Healthcare-Nurses/Medical Assistants
Minimum Education Required: Certifications/Security Clearances/Other (Enter Below)
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant training program with externship completed and passed OR National Certification in Medical Assisting from American Association of Medical Assistants, American Medical Technologists, National Center for Competency Testing, American Registry of Medical Assistants or National Health Career Association
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services