Coordinates the planning, procurement, and distribution of materials, parts, equipment, services, and supplies for the organization by performing the following duties.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Coordinate all activities related to procurement of components, assemblies, equipment, and services beginning with planning requirements to support schedules
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships both externally and internally to ensure company requirements are maintained
- Solicit and evaluate proposals for requested components and products
- Negotiate favorable terms and conditions with supply base
- Negotiates the lowest possible cost for the components balanced against the optimum quality and schedule needs
- Create and distribute verified accurate purchase orders for goods or services
- Track status and report on delays or other issues with purchase orders issued to ensure time schedules are met
- Assist the Engineering staff in procurement of prototype components and assemblies
- Work with engineering to approve alternate sources for cost reduction
- Coordinate ECO implementation with suppliers and Freedom Scientific personnel
- Communicate with suppliers and customers both external and internal
- Maintains accurate record retention, per company policy, and work within the company's established policies and procedures
- Drive cost reduction through negotiation of current components
- Works to consolidate components to ensure best-class pricing
- Analyze supplier sourcing and selection with an emphasis on cost reduction
- Identify areas of redesign that could result in cost savings
- Monitor and analyze obsolete material
- MRO purchasing as required
- MRP Planning required
- Planning for production
- Experience with manufacturing planning
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years experience
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of ones ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education:Minimum Associate Degree (two year college or technical school): or Work Equivalent
Computer Skills:Great Plains, Word processing, Spreadsheets, Internet software, E-mail, Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess analytic and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work and complete tasks within a specified time frame
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Job Type: Full-time
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
Job Posted by ApplicantPro