Systems Administrator - Level 2
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Level 2 Lab Support Technician, you are responsible for supporting client technology and services located onsite at the customer location. This includes but is not limited to general support of the Windows desktops, server systems as well as Linux devices in a lab environment. This is an internal end-user employee-facing role where your skills at maintaining and developing relationships with internal users and executive staff are crucial.
How You Will Make An Impact
- Plan, design, implement and support hardware and software installation projects
- Analyze, test, and debug compute device systems
- Customize systems for specific functional areas or unique user needs
- Laptop/Desktop/Server Break-Fix, Remote Desktop/Server Support
- Support OS, variety of applications, security agents/services, and hardware issues for users (Windows and Linux)
- Work with IT Infrastructure teams to set up and maintain existing infrastructure environments and assist with local changes
- Provide user training and education
- New HW delivery and setup. May require lifting of boxes and compute HW in addition to installation under desks
- Printer installation and troubleshooting
- Problem diagnosis and resolution
- Ensure client satisfaction and client management
- Provide user training and education
- Reporting to customers and management on status, resource needs, and projected outcomes
- Mentorship and training of junior Regional IT Specialists by more senior members of the team on processes and tools
- Project management
What You Will Need To Succeed
- Job experience and history focused on Desktop/Server Support at Tier 2 levels
- Proficient in Linux and Microsoft Windows. Skilled in all diagnostics, commands, etc.
- Experienced in the utilization of an array of Desktop Imaging and MDM tools, such as Intune, SmartImager, Imperious, SmartDeploy.
- Thorough knowledge of Personal Computer Hardware, PDA devices, Desktop Software, Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft Office products, G-Suite support & administration, Anti-Virus, Internet Browsers, Internet connectivity
- Demonstrated proficiency and professionalism when interfacing with customer employees, executives, and VIPs when providing Desktop Support
- Leadership ability to ensure technical growth and professionalism of Desktop team and colleagues.
- 3+ years relevant technical experience supporting users in a Windows and Linux environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
- Ability to professionally perform and communicate in stressful and high impacting situations
- CompTIA's A+ and Network+ certification preferred; MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure and CCNA a plus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other IT Regional Specialists and cross-functional technical team members to support deadlines; ability to work independently as well
- Ability to interface with executive-level internal employees and troubleshoot their compute requirements
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines
- Ability to travel to customer sites for installations, troubleshooting, user training, and relationship management
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Milestone we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and work with, where we all feel empowered to bring our full, authentic selves to work. We know creating a diverse and inclusive culture that champions equity and belonging is not only the right thing to do for our employees but is also critical to our continued success.
Milestone Technologies provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, or local ordinance. Milestone also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
We welcome the unique background, culture, experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression and perspectives you can bring to our global community. Our recruitment team is looking forward to meeting you.
This position may be assigned to a client that requires all individuals on-site to have the COVID-19 vaccination. The individual must be fully vaccinated before starting work at such a client site.
*Job description is subject to change.
389 Disc Drive LongmontLongmont, CO
TechnologyView all jobs at Milestone Technologies
Get fresh Lab Admin jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.