Milestone Technologies is seeking an experienced and highly-successful Business Development Professional to join our growing team. This role is aligned to one of our most strategic growth areas—IT Infrastructure services.
In this role, you will be responsible for formulating an overall go-to-market strategy to drive growth for Milestone’s IT infrastructure management service offerings, including Network Operations Center (NOC) and Data Center Operations. In partnership with the Milestone extended team, including Service Delivery, Finance, Talent Acquisition, and Executive Management, you will work collaboratively to drive Milestone’s solutions in the marketplace. You will serve as a trusted advisor and partner to our prospective and existing clients versus “just another vendor”.
You will engage at a variety of levels, including the C-Suite, and across multiple functional groups to help develop strategies with these key stakeholders to address their ongoing business, financial and technical/IT support needs.
To be successful in this position, you must possess a consultative sales approach. Be able to influence and manage internal, as well as client resources. Clearly and effectively present new ideas and concepts. Have a proven track record of successfully closing high-revenue technology solutions. You must be experienced in positioning consulting, professional, and managed services and be able to comfortably discuss these technologies in order to identify new opportunities. You must build a pipeline and advance these new projects to a successful close in order to meet/exceed sales expectations.
- Identify the key/appropriate stakeholders and decision makers throughout the target organization
- Strong focus on penetrating greenfield/new logo accounts
- Develop rapport at all levels to position you and Milestone as a true technology partner
- Intimately understand client landscape - services used, competitors, key contacts, politics, etc.
- Build pipeline of qualified projects for continued growth
- Engage client stakeholders at the executive level to build brand awareness and credibility
- Collaborate closely with internal peer groups and our client teams for effective partnering
- Leverage all resources for pre/post-sales support to maximize close ratio and client satisfaction
- Navigate complex sales cycles involving multiple client stakeholders
- Formulate comprehensive plans that include account mapping, addressable market analyses, etc.
- Be able to have effective business conversations to understand needs and relevant solutions
- 10+ years successful sales performance with a minimum of half of that experience being in managed services.
- Demonstrated track record selling managed services to mid market/large accounts with TCV exceeding $10M
- Strong professional reference base including customers
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills (proof points around this would include presentations, proposals, etc)
- Demonstrated capability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Recognized success; 100% Clubs/Deal of the Year/Rep of the year/etc.