Health Services Lead
Milestone Cross Plains Cross Plains, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
Premier Senior Living Community offering independent living, assisted living and memory care has an immediate opportunity for a Health Services Lead.
The Health Services Lead is an employee in Wisconsin trained to provide personal care and related services to residents in the community per documented, individualized service and care plans. This Health Services Lead team member leads by example, acts as mentor for new hires and assists the community in meeting resident service expectations. He/she functions under the Healthcare Coordinator. May be a Certified Nurse’s Aide but this is not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads service by example, modeling the care expectations and offers support to new and existing Resident Assistants
- Participate in new hire orientation and onboarding and new hire experience
- Assist with scheduling and call-in’s
- Interview and train new employees
- Be available on-call as designated per building
- Act as a representative of the red-carpet experience in every action and advocates the vision and values expected of the community.
- Obtains vital signs, records and notifies the supervising nurse of deviations per Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Complete care profile of new admissions in PCC
- Provide assistance with the following:
- Personal hygiene (bathing, grooming, hair care, shaving, skin care)
- Change bed linens and make bed
- Toileting and Incontinent Care
- Nutritional and fluid intake
- Ambulation and transfers
- Medication reminders
- Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
- Follows the resident’s ISP as directed. Follows the daily task sheets developed for each resident.
- Send weekly status sheet to Clinical Quality Manager and Operations Manager
- Transcribe medication orders as delegated by RN
- Perform routine checks of med carts, assuring medications are separated appropriately, and reordering medications as needed
- Assist with new medication cycle
- Perform monthly psychotropic reviews, as delegated by RN
- Track resident appointments, reviewing any changes upon their return
- Assist with billing as requested
- Communicates with the appropriate supervisor about changes in the resident’s status and/or the home situation
- Utilizes standard precautions and infection control procedures
- Follows written instructions and requests assistance and further instructions with new or unfamiliar situations.
- Prepares resident progress notes and submits this documentation in a timely manner
- Assists the resident in maintaining a safe and clean environment
- Exhibits a caring and respectful attitude toward the resident and the resident’s property
- Assist with activities and encourage resident engagement and participation
- Uphold confidentiality of residents and coworkers, HIPAA
- Attend Bi weekly in-service meetings.
- Adheres to all community and company policies
- Performs any other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or a GED.
- Be able to read, write and comprehend English
- CPR Certified within 90 days starting employment.
- Must complete a minimum of 15 hours per year of in-service education.
- Have a minimum of six months experience in a caregiving role, preferably with the elderly.
- Have the professionalism necessary for establishing and maintaining a good rapport with resident and family members. Ability to handle emotionally charged situations in a professional manner.
- Have an interest in and a sympathetic attitude toward caring for the elderly.
- Have the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team setting.
We offer a competitive hourly wage, full benefits and many more perks!
If you have a passion for helping people and want to grow professionally, please send your resume to for immediate consideration.