Continuous Improvement Apprentice
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Continuous Improvement Apprentice is a support position assisting the Technical Services Manager and Continuous Improvement Manager in planning and building a Lean Manufacturing Culture in the production sites. This position will prepare the individual for the role of Continuous Improvement Engineer I.
Duties & Responsibilities (under the guidance of Continuous Improvement Manager)
- Employee Training and Awareness
- Assist with development and implementation of Lean Manufacturing training program including but not limited to 5S, kaizen, Kanban, visual factory, and standard work for production employees.
- Learn existing processes to assist in developing and maintaining manufacturing work instructions associated with fabrication, welding, paint, final assembly, and special processes. Assist in the training and evaluation when applicable.
- Audit processes to ensure standards and lean initiatives are being sustained.
- Become an active participant in PIT (performance improvement team) activities.
- Work with all levels of production associates to learn all manufacturing processes from raw materials fabricating to final assembly.
- Build a Lean Manufacturing Culture
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement. Thinks independently, shows initiative, anticipates, and prevents problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment. Ability to work effectively with multiple departments and employees at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize deadlines.
- Competency in drawing interpretation, spreadsheet analysis, and presentation skills.
- Learn key manufacturing requirements instrumental in the selection of new machines, tooling, automation, and processes required to meet productivity objectives.
- Assist the Quality Department in the development and implementation of corrective action.
- Assist in downtime, changeover, scrap, and rework reporting. Create and maintain mechanism of providing visibility into operating performance.
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Enterprise
- Assist in developing and implementing best practices leading to improvements in lean manufacturing concepts and product quality.
- Support the implementation of the 5S workplace organization processes in the plant through direct project involvement and cooperation with fellow team members.
- Establish and utilize frameworks and systems, including tools such as visual management, problem solving, standard work, and kaizen.
- Adhere to and promote the HR Pledge.
- Ability to cooperate and commit in a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables.
- Resolve difficult or complicated challenges using the problem-solving process.
- Actively embrace our core principals using courage, humility, and kaizen.
Travel required: Occasionally: a valid driver’s license and ability to insure employee as a driver under the company auto policy is required
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience | Skills:
- Possess or be willing to obtain Lean certification within a reasonable timeframe:
- Yellow Belt: 6 months or less
- Green Belt: Within 1 year of earning Yellow Belt
- Highly motivated and capable of gaining knowledge and best practices of Lean and leveraging the ideas and experiences of others.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work closely with all levels of the organization.
- Experience presenting information and training on relevant topics.
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must express a passion for Continuous Improvement and an appreciation for the ideas of others.
- Associate’s degree in related field or Bachelor’s degree in any field.
- In process of or willing to obtain applicable four-year degree in continuous improvement or equivalent program within a reasonable timeframe based on current progress:
- None: 4-6 years
- Transferrable Associate’s Degree: 2-4 years
- 3-5 years’ experience in a lean focused manufacturing setting.
- Background in sheet metal manufacturing, welding, power coating paint systems, and electrical/electronic component assembly in a union environment.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience participating in Continuous Improvement efforts such as Kaizens or other equivalent events.
- Adequate mechanical aptitude with ability to learn and adapt to new processes.
- Proficient in blueprint reading.
AddressEl Dorado, AR
TechnologyView all jobs at Milbank Manufacturing
Get fresh Continuous jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.