- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
This position is responsible for leading the Information Technology function company-wide, across multiple locations, ensuring a smooth flow of systems and information. This is a critical role in a high growth period where you will be responsible for creating the framework and associated processes to scale the company long-term. The I.T. Manager will partner across the organization in various capacities with the opportunity to learn and grow in the role. This person will use industry standards and best practices to conduct business and system process analysis and design, develop process improvements, and integrate new systems and process with existing configurations. This role will provide clear and consistent communication of project or task status using clear verbal and written communication as well as providing technical expertise in all their functions.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Manage information technology and computer systems, providing oversight for all IT related functions.
● Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations.
● Lead infrastructure builds in new facilities.
● Plan, organize, schedule, and supervise the day-to-day technical support activities, including troubleshooting, customer service issues, approvals, and installations.
● Design, develop, implement, and coordinate I.T. systems, policies and procedures across multiple entities.
● Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
● Execute in alignment with user needs and system functionality, contributing to organizational policy.
● Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions timely.
● Audit systems, preserve assets, information security, and control structures.
● Manage annual department budget
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
● Interact with management and staff to provide technical assistance for continuous improvement of IT solutions.
● Develop and maintain function specific policies, procedures, and processes.
● Identifies and recommends procedural changes and solutions for inefficiencies.
● Oversee management of equipment and parts inventory.
● Establish and maintain a positive, productive relationship with operational partners and staff.
● Assist with various projects & other duties as assigned.
Direct and indirect supervision of non-clinical employees within the center. Conducts supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, although not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, planning assignments, delegating, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplinary action, when warranted; addressing complaints and resolving issues with a solution-focused approach.
● Bachelor’s in computer science, MIS, or similar field required
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES:
● 2-5 years experience in IT management, both people and function
● Experience with Google Suite strongly preferred
● Proven professional experience with detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
● Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
● Expertise in data center management and data governance.
● Direct experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
● Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
● Proven ability to lead and develop a team and drive performance improvement.
● Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills; written and documentation skills.
● Excellent time management skills, organizing and prioritizing workload, in order to meet deadlines.
● Ability to quickly learn new software, new systems, adapt to change and communicate effectively.
● Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously within inflexible time.
● Ability to adapt to frequent priority changes.
With the rapidly evolving field of eye care, it is important that a practice remains on the cutting edge. At Milan Eye Center, we offer the full scope of advanced technology, diagnostic testing, and treatment. Our physicians take the time necessary to provide each patient with information needed to understand their condition and to achieve the best possible outcomes. Additionally, our eye doctors are fortunate to be working with a devoted and skilled staff of which each member stands out at their respective positions with a complementary skill set and a caring attitude.
Our services range from LASIK, cataract surgery & lens replacement surgery to comprehensive eye care including management of glaucoma, diabetic eye care, oculoplastics, cosmetic aesthetics, corneal transplant, and macular degeneration. Your eyes are your windows to the world, and we would like to have the opportunity to help you attain and maintain a sharp and clear outlook. We invite new patients to experience the Milan Eye Center level of excellence and thank our existing patients for continuing to trust us with the care of your eyes.
Milan Eye CenterWhy Work Here?
We are a fast-growing company and offer definitive career paths.
Physician Directed Partners (“PDP”) was founded in 2021 with 20+ Practice locations across the United States. PDP is an Ophthalmology & Ambulatory Surgery Center Medical Services Organization offering vision care including LASIK, Cataract Surgery, and Comprehensive Ophthalmology. PDP focuses on driving performance improvement, not cost cutting. We believe that a narrow focus on cost cutting only serves to reduce patient care. PDP wants to be the physician’s partner for the long-term (10+ years). Our current partnerships include Milan Eye Center, Woodhams Eye Care, Walton Eye Care, Athens Eye Care, Elite LASIK & Cataract, 20/20 Eye Physicians of Indiana. Our Core Values: DO GOOD for patients. DO GOOD for doctors. DO GOOD for employees. DO GOOD for the community.