Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes, including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials, conferring with suppliers and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
(Management reserves the right to add or modify the responsibilities at any time)
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Recommends product changes/improvements to Product Engineers.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
- Coordinates input that may cross multiple teams or areas, makes recommendations and implements changes.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements.
- Determines root cause of failure that may result in changes in design, tolerances or processing methods.
- Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications.
- Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment.
- Manages the over implementations of capital equipment projects.
- Develops tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and works with tooling vendors to supply such designs.
- Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity and cost reductions.
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures.
- Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends.
- Represents company on specific projects, leads and participates on project teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager.