Service Technician Trainee
Mike's Heating & Cooling
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 to $20 Hourly
The Service Technician Trainee reports to the Service Manager, and is responsible for performing a range of HVACR servicing jobs for industrial, commercial, and residential customers. Benefits
- Paid Training
- Careers Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Year-Round Work
- Spiffs, Rewards, & Employee Contests
- Great Benefits - Health, Life, Dental, Vision
- Serving as a member of the Service Department teams which are organized to conduct HVACR service jobs in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performing supervised and unsupervised basic HVACR service support activities (after having been shown all safety-related aspects of the role and the expected standards); e.g. conduct seasonal maintenance inspections, changing filters, assisting Service Technicians or Senior Service Technicians.
- Performing progressively more difficult technical roles than noted in the preceding paragraph under the direct supervision of a Service Technician or a Senior Service Technician; e.g. performing simple troubleshooting, conducting seasonal maintenance checks, measuring/threading pipe, operating test equipment, soldering and brazing, installing power and control wiring, etc.
- Conducting non-service work in support of the IAQ and Installation Departments, as assigned.
- Performing related trainee/helper duties as directed by the Service Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent, and/or enrolled in or a graduate of a post-secondary formal HVACR program of instruction.
- Good oral and written skills, including the ability to read and apply manufacturers' instructions, and to clearly communicate with customers, suppliers, and Mike's Heating & Cooling employees.
- Physical ability to perform all the duties noted above under the conditions, circumstances, and weather extremes found in the North Carolina. Examples include the ability to lift and carry a 100 lb. load (of the size and shape of an item encountered on an HVACR job) a distance of 50'; carry a 100 lb. motor up a fully extended 32' ladder. Must not have a fear of heights (acrophobia).
- Interest and initiative to develop his or her HVACR skills through a combination of formal schooling, company training, self-study, manufacturers' workshops, and other professional development activities.
- Hold a current operator's license and the ability to operate all vehicles in the corporate fleet within 30 days of initial employment. Incumbent must be insurable by company insurance carrier.
- Ability to work under pressures of time, a non-standard schedule, adverse weather conditions, customer demands, and backlog constraints.
Mike's Heating & Cooling
EducationView all jobs at Mike's Heating & Cooling