- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Miguel’s Jr. staystrue to who we are with Our WHY, or our purpose:
We create positive experiences andopportunities around the LOVE OF FOOD, FAMILY, AND SERVICE.
At Miguel's you will find more than just a job. We are a family anda team with goals and aspirations!
Our General Managersare one of the most important and honored jobs in the entirecompany: leading your team to prepare delicious food for our valued guests. Ifyou enjoy cooking and pleasing people, as well as leading a team to success,this is a great job for you!
PositionSummary: This position overseesa varying number of restaurants, Store Managers and/or General Managers, andteams which comprise his/her Area of Responsibility. This includes directoperations execution, P&L and people management (recruitment, developmentand retention) responsibilities for that group of restaurants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and/or General Business field preferred or the business experience equivalent.
Current compliance with Food Handler, Food Safety, and alllocal/state/federal certifications for hospitality/restaurant operationsmanagement requirements and actively role models the same.
- 5+ years of Ops leadership at or having graduated to multi-unit responsibility within a midsized, preferably multi-concept, organization. At least one year-over-year multi-unit oversight is required.
- Leadership style demonstrates the ability to work through making others successful and insightful to their business; incorporates proven ability to both support and hold his/her direct reports accountable
- Role requires highly developed collaborative relationship building skills with internal strategic support partners such as HR/Training, Accounting/Finance, and Marketing. Provides visibility to risks and opportunities within his/her market, along with mitigation strategies to resolve them.
- Leverages company and past industry best practices and tools to ensure execution of field initiatives are completed efficiently, on time, and within budget.
- Role models operations excellence, general management/business acumen, and acts as a mentor/coach to all direct and indirect reports throughout his/her region and across the operating group.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities
Multi-task and manageseveral key responsibility areas while overseeing up to 8 restaurant locationsand is also part of the greater operations and company leadership teams on anongoing basis.
- People Management – S/he represents the company’s Why Vision Values (WVV) and is a positive face of company leadership both internally and externally.
- Direct Reports and Teams
- Principal areas of responsibility include hiring, mentoring, performance management, discipline, development and training, succession planning, and recognition.
- Blended ability to recognize, challenge, and facilitate critical conversations with direct and indirect reports within his/her district to sustain best brand performance for our guests, communities, and each other.
- Coaches and holds accountable direct reports to enhance and sustain the guest relationship and community presence of our brand promise. S/he should role model positive interactions and experiences with guests and demonstrate personal commitment in position.
- Business Management – S/he is the key monitor and facilitator of financial performance within his/her district; guiding his/her team with key metrics (Business Scorecard), systems (People Matter, Aloha, Crunch time), and reports (weekly, by period, quarterly, and YTD).
- Topline Sales
- This position, whether in comparative (comp) store or NRO (New Restaurant Opening) environment, is the driver behind this key growth focus within his/her district.
- Cost Control
- This position, whether in comp store or NRO environment, is responsible to role model, educate and delegate so each store’s performance within his/her district meets/exceeds budgeted sales-to-profit flow through parameters.
- Project Management – S/He is a key liaison role between MSC, Commissary, and Operations to ensure maximum execution of company marketing, people, and financial initiatives and rollouts within his/her district.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization and in diverse settings with guests, vendor partners, and employees. His/her behaviors and decisions must always represent Why Vision Values (WVV) to all parties.
- Must be able to maintain flexible work schedule including working evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet business needs.
- Ability to be mutually comfortable and successful in working autonomously with limited supervision and collaboratively with various strategic support leaders and teams within the organization.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality with guest and employee information and key business decisions which must sometimes yield sensitive and confidential consequences, such as continued development.
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver multiple projects while meeting agreed upon deadlines.
- Role model policies and procedures.
- Must have professional appearance and be a team player.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Bilingual, conversational and written, in Spanish is preferred.
- Competitive Compensation (DOE)
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & Paid Sick Leave (PSL)
- Health Insurance benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Bonus Potential - if applicable
- M – Card (Meal Benefit)
Physical Demands andWork Environment:
The physical demandsand work environment characteristics described here are representative of thosethat must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functionsof this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel objects, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk and hear; taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to customary conditions of both Field and Miguel’s Support Center (MSC) locations prevalent at the time. The noise level and physical requirements (ex: temperature) are customary to restaurants’ usual work environment. In addition, this position will be in the Commissary and at the MSC, as needed.
BusinessView all jobs at Miguel's Jr