Customer Service - Part Time
***This is an Onsite Position only***
Miedema Companies consists of 8 individual operating entities from multiple locations specializing in asset liquidation through the auction process (live or online) or direct sales; equipment and machinery appraisals; and various other services based on client needs.
- Representative for Miedema Companies.
- Assist all coworkers and managers of all departments and companies as requested.
- Contribute to our positive and organized work environment.
Skills or Abilities Required:
- Focus on a task and complete with thoroughness and detail.
- Manage multiple communications channels at once (chat, email, phone, text)
- Demonstrated passion for excellence with respect to treating and caring for customers
- Communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Field complaints and unpleasant customers with respect
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Proficient with Internet Browsers (IE, Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge) and ability to troubleshoot mobile device settings
- Punctual, organized, dependable, high availability and proven attendance
- Work well with co-workers and provide support as needed
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed, including Saturdays as scheduled
Training will include, but not limited to:
- Use & functionality of our auction site
- Use & functionality of our internal software systems
- Telephone system functionality
- Auction site training for understanding of process of auctions
- Daily task training as applicable
Compensation & Schedule:
- This is a part time hourly position.
- Ideal Schedule would be:
- Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Friday:9:00AM - 2:00 PM
- Required: Rotating Saturday from 9AM-Noon (every 5th Saturday currently)
- Schedule is subject to change (with notice) as needed to accommodate proper coverage
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Service: (call center)
- Active participation in customer service center call queues
- Professionally handle incoming requests from customers and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly
- Efficiently gather the reason customer needs assistance (listen)
- Educate the customer when applicable to help them be self-sufficient
- Document conversations and actions taken
- Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas through multiple channels of communication (phone, chat, email, text) including but not limited to registering & accessing accounts, placing bids, processing payments, scheduling pickup, mobile device connections, and general information regarding our auction site & services.
- Maintain a balance between company policy and customer benefit in decision making.
- Connect the customer to the best source of resolution based on their needs
- Submit support requests forms to various departments as needed to resolve situation (in place of transferring calls)
- Place outbound calls to follow up on payment and pickup of items won on auction
- Documentation of all actions with customers
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer's experience
- Assist all co-workers as requested
- Job description is subject to change as needs arise, tasks may be added or reassigned
Miedema Asset ManagementByron Center, MI
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.