Quality Assurance Technician - First Shift
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Midwestern Pet Foods is seeking a first shift Quality Assurance Technician. Shift runs Monday-Friday from 6:00AM - 3:30PM.
Role and Responsibilities
- Collect data from a set schedule on finished feed being produced as well as being packaged.
- Work with extruder operators on manufacturing quality feed based off of the information gathered by QC.
- Run tests on the FOSS analyzer of both ingredients as well as finished feed.
- Gather samples to be sent out for 3rd party testing.
- Communicate with the FSQC on food safety and quality issues that may arise.
- Fill out appropriate paperwork for the job being conducted and turn it in daily.
- Report all cGMP and SOP violations to the FSQC when observed.
- Complete all tasks assigned by the FSQC relating to the Quality Assurance agenda.
- Must maintain a good attendance at work.
- Must be willing to speak to supervisors and leads about quality related issues.
- Perform laboratory style testing of certain ingredients.
- Accept and complete all training required for the Quality Assurance position.
- Perform Metal Detector Checks according to the schedule.
- Perform Equipment Calibration Verification according to the schedule.
Expectations as a Member of the FSQ Team:
- Lead people by example. Be a leader in cGMP conformance.
- Always conduct oneself in a professional manner.
- Accept responsibility
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Display sound judgment and decision-making skills
- Problem solves in an efficient manner
- Strong record keeping skills necessary
- Travel 0-10%
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Previous QA jobs or related positions.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Good people Skills.
- There will be lots of walking and some occasional climbing of safety ladders.
- The facility is not heated or air conditioned, the working environment temperature is relative to the climate.
- Forklift traffic is present in all working areas.
- Must be able to lift 50Lbs often.
Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.
Midwestern Pet Foods, a family-owned and operated business, was founded in 1926 as a small milling company and is now in its 4th generation of family leadership. We specialize in producing nutritional dog and cat food recipes, oven-baked biscuits, and treats. We mix together the finest ingredients, years of knowledge, the latest technology, and lots of love to serve up the best meals for your pet.
913 North 9th StChickasha, OK
ManufacturingView all jobs at Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.