Graphic Design Specialist
Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. Evansville, IN
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Midwestern Pet Foods (https://midwesternpetfoods.com) is a fourth generation, family-owned pet food manufacturer based out of Evansville, Indiana. What started as Nunn Milling Company in 1926, Midwestern Pet Foods has now grown to operate four kitchens in the USA, producing an impressive portfolio of excellent pet foods and treats for all kinds of furry friends. Over the years, we’ve learned a lot about family, pet companions and trustworthy quality. Pet food is all we do and we love it!
Joining the in-house design team at Midwestern Pet Foods will be an exciting venture day in and day out. No two days are the same. Promoting multiple pet food brands under one roof allows for each project to have a variance in style, messaging and audience. Adhering to brand standards is important, but we celebrate creative freedom whenever possible. With a great open concept studio, MPF designers are able to collaborate with each other freely while also having their own workspaces to stay in the creative zone.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Design Manager to assess the goals and requirements of each project.
- Work with Design Manager to review work and ensure all designs achieve overall art direction.
- Adhere to multiple brands’ graphic standards, while also accomplishing a fresh, trendy appeal on all projects.
- Achieve brand messaging through graphics and text across a variety of marketing collateral such as brochures, booklets, coupons, advertisements, instore POP displays, and much more.
- Work with Digital Marketing team to fulfill imagery and graphics content requests for social media outlets.
- Assist Studio Coordinator with photo and video shoots, and post-production editing whenever possible.
- Packaging design for current and future pet food and treat bags, boxes, tubs and cans.
- Graphics for structural displays and signage to be used at national pet trade shows.
- Coordinate with print vendors on job specifications, materials and art submission.
- Present your work to internal teams and perform focus groups for review and feedback.
- Various travel for on-press approval of packaging print production. Travel outside of the USA (Canada) may occur.
- Undergraduate degree in visual communications, graphic design or related field.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite design software, strongly focused on Illustrator and Photoshop. Experience with Premiere Pro and After Effects is a plus.
- Knowledge and interest in photography and video production for use on social media.
- Basic use and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Passionate about pets (preferred). Relating to the brand is helpful in this industry.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple demands.
- High degree of self-initiative, personal responsibility and ownership.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You will be presenting your work frequently.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaborating with many members of the internal marketing and design department, as well as, outside printing vendors, etc.
- Ability to adapt quickly. Things are always evolving in our industry.
Please submit your resume and digital portfolio for your application.
Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.
Nunn Milling Company, an affiliated company to Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc., was founded in 1926 in Evansville, Indiana, as a miller of flour and corn meal. In the 1940s the company began using the basic ingredients from its milling operations to produce dog and cat food. As a result of increasing sales of the pet food, Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. was founded in 1982. Today, Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. owns and operates four state-of-the-art, high capacity dry pet food production and packing facilities. Company headquarters is located in Evansville, Indiana, with plants in Monmouth, Illinois, Chickasha, Oklahoma and Waverly, New York. Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc. employs approximately 320 employees. Nunn Milling has a facility in Evansville as well and employees about 10 employees.
9634 Hedden RdEvansville, IN
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.