Food Safety Quality Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Food Safety and Quality Coordinator supports the execution of the Food Safety and Quality Management System (FSQMS) at Midwestern Pet Foods and continuous improvement of Food Safety and Quality. Additionally, the coordinator will support the establishment and maintenance of positive relationships with the manufacturing sites, other functions throughout the organization, regulatory authorities, customers and other external contacts.
The key responsibility of this role is to act as facility’s lead Preventive Controls Qualified Individual for Animal Food. The coordinator is responsible for the implementation of corporate Food Safety and Quality Systems and the development, review and maintenance of site-specific Food Safety and Quality programs to ensure food safety, regulatory, customer and 3rd party audit requirements are met.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Food Safety Teams and ensuring Food Safety plans meet the requirements of 21 CFR 507 Subpart C.
- Adherence to 21 CFR 507 cGMPs.
- Positive release programs.
- Environmental Monitoring Program, including specific RCAs.
- Food Defense programs.
- Implementing and maintaining internal auditing programs for cGMPs, FSQA systems, pre-operational inspections, sanitation, building maintenance etc.,
- CAPA programs for all internal / external audits and regulatory inspections.
- Root causes, and verify findings address specific nonconformances.
- Quality hold and release of finished product in cooperation with the Plant Manager.
- Perform record review of preventive controls as stated in the food safety plan.
- Implementation of corporate food safety programs and procedures to all relevant plant personnel.
- Food Safety / Quality Management Systems training for all FSQA programs and procedures.
- Support of the QC as needed.
- Lead the Sanitation Department. (Where appropriate)
- Implement and verify a Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Schedule and coordinate periodic equipment cleaning events with Plant Manager.
- Design, develop and implement site-specific procedures to support FSQA systems.
- 3rd party pest control service provider and review weekly/monthly reports.
- Chemical Control Program.
- Ingredient receipt programs as defined by corporate requirements including but not limited to mycotoxin monitoring, CoA requirements and any supply-chain preventive control monitoring.
- Communicate with management and staff continuously to improve the food safety and quality culture.
- Management of all associated FSQA procedures, records and associated documentation to ensure compliance with regulatory, customer and external 3rd party audit requirements.
- This position is responsible for site QA Technicians.
- Provide guidance, training and direction of hourly FSQA and plant staff to ensure compliance to Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance,
- Coach manufacturing site FSQCs.
Onsite presence at facilities on a routine basis, travel will be commensurate with plant assignments. Maximum 5% travel required.
- Travel in the United States, at a minimum, is required – primarily to HO when required and / or appropriate training venues /suppliers.
- Hours vary to meet plant schedules including sanitation activities, pre-operative inspection and all shifts of operation.
- Operate with a great deal of independence, self-accountability, and thought leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, or other related field of study, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to 21 CFR 507 cGMPs
- PCQI qualified
- At least 5 years of related experience, preferably in the pet food industry.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to effectively devise and communicate responses (written and verbal) to peers, customers, and regulatory bodies
- Basic working knowledge and ability to interpret current domestic (USDA, FDA, AAFCO) and international regulations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while adapting to changing priorities.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and technical writing skills.
- Proven track record of success working in a regulated environment.
- Ability to interact daily with a diverse team.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal relations skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Windows and Internet applications, as well as MS Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Degree in Food Science, Animal Science, Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, or other related field of study.
- 2-5 years of related experience.
- Experience and knowledge of GFSI quality management systems.
Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.
Midwestern Pet Foods, a family-owned and operated business, was founded in 1926 as a small milling company and is now in its 4th generation of family leadership. We specialize in producing nutritional dog and cat food recipes, oven-baked biscuits, and treats. We mix together the finest ingredients, years of knowledge, the latest technology, and lots of love to serve up the best meals for your pet.
913 North 9th StChickasha, OK
ManufacturingView all jobs at Midwestern Pet Foods, Inc.