MCCA, Inc., a premium substance treatment/mental health organization has an immediate opening for a preferred bilingual (English/Spanish) Licensed Counselor. We seek a Counseling professional to be a part of our Pre-Trial Intervention and Outpatient Programs with experience in the field of human services who demonstrates proficiency in the counseling of substance disorder and/or behavioral health issues.
- Facilitate initial procedures for admission, including completion of required intake forms, releases, BioPsychoSocial assessment, treatment recommendations, and treatment planning. Apply eligibility and diagnostic criteria to determine client appropriateness for treatment in various modalities.
- Facilitate pre-trial psychoeducation groups, client and family education groups/programs and individual, group and family counseling.
- Evaluate individuals referred to MCCA by the Pre-Trial Intervention Program. Compliance with all required documents per the contractual guidelines of the program contract.
- Identify and evaluate client strengths, limitations, problems and needs; assess and develop treatment plans. Implement, review and modify treatment plans as required.
- High profile consultative role with multi-disciplinary team, provide crisis intervention services as needed.
- Provide information to individuals and groups concerning alcohol and other drug abuse as well as available treatment services and resources.
- Ability to quickly obtain a good command of the MCCA’s Policies and Procedures and provide clients with information and guidance on utilization of community resources, initiate and follow up on referrals as needed.
- Chart results of assessment and treatment planning; write reports, progress notes, discharge summaries and other client-related information in support of documentation of client’s progress in a timely manner to meet compliance standards.
- Consult with our own and other professionals to assure comprehensive quality care for the client.
- Coordinate/carry out special programs or projects as assigned by the program director.
- Comply with all federal, state and funding regulatory requirements.
Education, Training and Credentials:
Minimum of one year experience in mental health and/or addiction services.
Must possess a Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology, Counseling and/or Social Sciences.
License preferred: LCSW, LMFT, LPC, LMSW or LADC. We will also consider license eligible within a year but must have at least a minimum of one-year substance abuse treatment experience.
Computer Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must have experience with electronic medical record systems.