A highly respected and rapidly growing Midwest law firm has engaged SuiteSpot Executive Search, LLC to assist in its search for a Director of Practice Support. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this is an exempt salary position located in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Position: The Director of Practice Support serves as a business leader and partner for the Firm's Practice Group Leaders to ensure world-class administrative support services are in place to meet the needs of every office and Practice Group Area. The position is responsible for establishing operational discipline in all areas of practice support functions, evaluating processes and re-engineering as necessary to streamline efficiency and service quality across all North American offices.
- Clearly define, structure and model expectations for all practice support staff.
- Determine practice support staff needs in coordination with the Executive Committee, Practice Group Leaders and Partners-In-Charge for each office.
- Participate in the job posting, recruitment, selection, onboarding and training of practice support team members.
- Oversee Office Managers for offices with this position. For offices without an Office Manager in place, work closely with the Partner-In-Charge to assess and deliver practice support services.
- Partner with Practice Group leaders to define practice support needs, support levels and skill set requirements.
- Assess ways to improve office operational efficiency and First-In-Service experiences.
- Establish programs to maximize productivity, teamwork and utilization.
- Establish metrics and KPI's to assess operational performance, service delivery and utilization for all support functions.
- Evaluate training requirements and provide recommendations for training programs and vendors to ensure contemporary skill sets are in place, development and compliance with risk management policies.
- Manage and deliver performance appraisals, feedback, coaching, counseling and disciplinary action when appropriate.
- Lead annual merit-based compensation recommendations for increases and bonuses for practice support staff.
- Analysis of staffing levels and determination of organizational design models to appropriately support all North American offices in consideration of centralized and decentralized practice support roles.
- Determine the outsource support model necessary to meet the Firm's support needs.
- Negotiate contracts, establish and monitor service level agreements and address performance deficits when necessary.
- Manage the library, including all reference materials, subscriptions and staff to meet Practice Group needs.
- LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE IS A MUST.
The Candidate: The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college. Minimum of seven years of senior level management. Prior experience working in a law firm required; experience managing in a multi-location work environment required.
The successful candidate will be a competent, strategic, mature and highly effective leader. He/she will additionally possess:
- Strong experience in establishing a vision and direction for the functions managed and creating buy-in amongst varying levels of personnel.
- A proven, professional and people-focused sophistication in aligning, inspiring, producing and managing change.
- An intrinsic motivation to build a clear infrastructure, better systems and productive relationships as well as the ability to identify and utilize individual and group motivators.
- Confidence, humility, high emotional intelligence and the fortitude to act as an extension of the COO role to support firm goals.
- Enthusiasm and proactivity towards the opportunity to help shape a newly created and vital role.
- Excellent listening and communication skills and an exceptional customer service attitude.
- Must be highly organized, adaptable and have the ability to multi-task to meet the needs of a fast-paced environment where needs evolve and shift rapidly.
The Search: As the exclusive recruiter for this position, SuiteSpot Executive Search, LLC will conduct an expedited search process per the client's request. To be considered in the selection process, please submit your information and resume below.