Outside Sales Rep -NE Missouri, SE Iowa & Mid- Western IL
Maintain and grow sales of veterinary supplies to veterinary clinics, universities, and research facilities in a set geographic area. Share information with Inside Sales Representatives to maximize sales. This is a remote position that requires travel. Position's territory includes: NE Missouri, SE Iowa and Mid- Western Illinois
Essential Job Functions:
- Make sales calls to veterinary clinics, universities, and research facilities. Sell veterinary products and provide market information to clinics. Assist in growth of businesses through education and marketing opportunities. Work with inside sales to maximize sales.
- Plan calls in advance including monthly organization of detail bag, distribution of literature packets, analysis of sales calls for each clinic, sending out advance notice cards, and staying current with sales promotions, new products, email, mail, and industry trends.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendor representatives in assigned geographic area.
- Attend educational meetings which include vendor-sponsored veterinary meetings, industry trade shows, regional and national Midwest Veterinary Supply meeting, vendor educational training including conference calls and Webex training.
- Respond to all management or MVS management approved vendor requests for territory including surveys, updated outlook calendar shared with the respective manager and ISR team, territory analysis, etc. Manage and submit expense account to corporate within a two week time frame. Territory reporting as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- A High School Diploma or equivalency is required.
- A four year college degree is preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience within the veterinary industry is required.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Superior listening and verbal communication skills including the ability to demonstrate diplomacy and professional sales techniques.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work accurately with highly detailed information
- Basic computer skills to include data entry
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, and have Microsoft Office skills.
- Must have valid driver’s license
Mental & Physical Demands:
- Must be able to handle high stress and rejection.
- A fast pace of work to meet frequent deadlines
- Continuous contact with customers
- Regular contact with co-workers
- Potential for stress related to a typical customer service problem resolution process
- Continuous use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Continuous use of a computer monitor requiring close vision
- Continuous use of telephone – listening and speaking skills
- Ability to work from vehicle throughout the day.
- Must be able to fly to vendor training and National Sales meetings.
Job duties and requirements for Outside Sales Representative may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change assigned accounts, job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Midwest Veterinary Supply has the right to change accounts and/or territories as needed.
Regularly uses typical office equipment including computer keyboard and terminal, telephone, fax and copier. Employee must have working vehicle for sales calls.
Work will be performed on the road and clinic to clinic year-round and will include exposure to all seasonal elements. Travel for sales calls and sales meetings/training may require overnight stays and ability to travel by air. This is a remote position.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package for Outside Sales Representatives including Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please click here to visit our Careers page. California residents, click here to view the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc.Des Moines, IA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.